1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

time to buy?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by alpinestars260, Jun 22, 2005.

1. alpinestars260

alpinestars260 supermoto Member

lets say im looking to move up at the end of the season. looking at either a GSXR600/750 R6 ot SV to race in white plates. is the best time to buy at the GNF? oh yeah and looking for a 2005 to race for 2006

2. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

Cant tell you when the best time to buy is, but I will have an 05 GSXR 750 for sale right after the GNF.

3. alpinestars260

alpinestars260 supermoto Member

like what can i expect to pay for one? dumb question i know but need figures

4. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

I'm thinking around 7, but that is just off the top of my head.

5. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

the best time to buy is between the end of November or so, and the end of January, as far as getting a good price. It can be hard to sell a race bike at the end of the season, as many racers are a) financially challenged at that point, and b) needing to sell their bikes first, in order to buy a different one.

6. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

I plan on advertising that I want a 03+ R6 right before the GNF as that is a time people will want to dump them..... after Christmas people need money as well when they are setting the race budget for the year.