1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiger Woods crash his vehicle and break his legs

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Am I the only one thinking if he was driving in a G Wagon or something equally German, he would would have opened the door and walked away from rolling over and crashing?

2. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

IDK. Based on the description of the accident and the entire front end being wiped, I was impressed how the passenger compartment looked in pics.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

didn't really think about that. Hyundai actually does well in their crash tests, and this is their Bentley copycat so I would think it would be fairly safe. I mean outside of the rollover, he's still alive, and the only damage seems to be his leg.

I think it just being a SUV had more to do with the rolling.

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

He probably makes enough by driving the Genisis to get new legs. Magic legs!

Run Tiger, run!

969 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All in all given the forces, that vehicle didn't look bad at all.

6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Hyundai usually gets top or close to top ratings in crash tests. I'd be amazed if the GV80 doesn't get 5 stars everywhere when it finally gets tested by the IIHS.

stk0308 likes this.
  7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Been a few years since I looked but I seem to remember not that long ago that a lot of luxury cars actually had shit safety ratings compared to many economy cars. Seemed the manufacturers were more concerned with other aspects in design with regards to their luxury models. My guess is their thought process was people buying luxury cars cared much more about ride quality and shit than safety ratings versus the target market for more economical cars. Same reason luxury cars never seemed to advertise fuel mileage.

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yet some seem to still remain basically decent people. He seems that way but who knows if I was to spend a bunch of time around him I might change that opinion (doubt it though). All y'all have seen the same thing in 'famous' racers. Some thing their poo should be coveted and others go out of their way to be nice to people when possible.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

saw a Ferrari Monroney sticker say 17 mpg

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

A friend has a vette that he claims gets 26 mpg on the freeway...top gear, 70 mph with little wind resistance.

The Todd likes this.
  11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

A Vette is not a luxury car.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I guess I don't know what a Monroney is.....besides, a Vette has luxury car prices for some of us.....:moon:

13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

If you have never rolled a vehicle trust me when I tell you its a violent experience. I don't care what kind of vehicle it is they are meant to stay on the wheels and the g-forces at play wreak havoc on the occupants. I rolled a small suv end over end when I fell asleep at the wheel at age 20 going 55mph. Tiger was apparently traveling at a significatly higher than the posted limit speed. I pushed the steering column through the firewall. No one has ever been able to explain how. I literally bent the bottom of the steering wheel 45 degrees. I walked away with bumps and bruises due to the fact that I was asleep and unable to tense up before the crash. I did get 750 stiches from the dented in roof in my head though. Luckily a nurse was right behind me when I crashed and she applied pressure to the wound which ultimately saved me from bleeding out.

14. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Every Corvette I've ever seen has the same shitty GM interior as a rental Cruze. Luxury is heavy, not just pricey.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

^^^^THIS^^^^

16. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Tiger takes things very literally it's what makes him so good!
    Guess what the sign said that he ran over before he started to" roll his car".

It said..... "You are now entering Rolling Hills."

No Shit...it's actually true...lol

Wishing he dude the best.

The Todd likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

car window sticker with price and options ;)

18. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I wish him well and a speedy recovery.

He has danced with the devil and seemed as if he was climbing his way out.....I can only hope he doesn't run into a pain pill problem.....that shit is evil.

Being a celebrity and a good golfer comes with temptation that many would have a hard time with.

beac83 and BigBird like this.
  19. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I’m gonna guess with the type of injuries that he had, he was standing on the brake pedal when the vehicle came to an abrupt stop. I don’t care what kinda vehicle you’re in...if that happens, there’s probably gonna be some damage.
    MIL had that type of crash and ended up with a fused ankle.
    Was out for a group ride one day and we were the first on the scene of an accident. Lady went through a stop sign and got t-boned. The lady that hit her was standing on the brakes. We were going to try to get her out of the car (one of the guys with us was an EMT and took control of the situation). She had shorts on and we could see that she had a compound lower leg break.

BigBird likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

All things considered, the passenger compartment was very well intact.

[​IMG]

Sabre699 and worthless like this.