1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This week's Pit Bull fatalities:

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Repo Man 32, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

They bit someone when they died? WTF! :D

badmoon692008 and BigBird like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:D

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

This one here says all 5 dogs were owned by his aunt. Don't really think one woman should have 5 big dogs. She'd be hard pressed to control them all at once, even on leashes.
    And I'm sure in this case the pack mentality took over.

4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Theses dogs were outside.... and always obedient. I witnessed it. Sorry, hard as it is to believe; you`re wrong in this case.

And you don`t have to believe it.:D

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Obviously you saw it wrong.

cav115 likes this.
  6. river rat

river rat Well-Known Member

Here we go with the logic I’m talking about. So you had two rotts that never bit anyone so obviously they aren’t any more dangerous than another breed. Very scientific with your control group of two.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Oddly that's the same number in your control group.....

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. river rat

Of all of the dogs I’ve been around in my lifetime. Pretty compelling evidence given the countless other statistics.

9. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Nope, I don't have to believe it :)

Look up dominant behavior cues in dogs and tell me they never did one of those things ever.
    Dogs laying on you is not them just cuddling - it is them claiming their status over you, you go to the bottom of the pile when you aren't alpha. The power struggle in our home with our labradoodle was a constant never ending battle - he never once growled or bit and was a big snuggly floof...but that little dick wanted to be the top of the chain. Seemingly innocuous behaviors such as forcing us to play with him, always having to enter the house first, and refusing training, are actually first alerts to a power struggle. Stressed him and us out big time.

I have been around dogs my entire life - we have had dominant dogs and we have had docile dogs. The dominant dogs were assholes.

Besides, I don't have a problem being wrong. It happens from time to time. :D

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sounds very similar to a number I recently read in this thread from someone posting about his own personal sample. God damn hypocrites. :crackup:

11. river rat

Lol, well I am a little busted there but you have to take in the rest of the known statistics. So therefore I’m right :)

12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I have a rule against any dog that people feel a need to cutely shorten the breed name (rottie, dobie, pitty, etc.) :)

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You have too many rules. Do like Kenny, he has only one.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yorkie.

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm working on that one. It's one more than I need. :D

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's not a real dog.

17. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I'm not really much for pets...

My wife is drawn to pits. She had one in the past and it was the sweetest thing to her and when her and her ex broke up he took the dog and disappeared. My wife wanted another dog and she would have nothing but a pit (we're about as middle america keeping up with the jones as it comes). We have a blue pit that we rescued when she was 3. We did get to meet to the dog's parents (she was returned to the "breeder" when the original adoptive family had to move). I was VERY skeptical at first. For many of the reasons I see in this thread. I told my wife if that dog so mush as growls while we're meeting her, it is a hard NO. Five years later and we're all doing well. I can't really answer your question other than to say we've had a very positive experience with the breed.

18. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Blind in one eye, can`t see outta the other. :D

19. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

No doubt individual animals will be different etc. I personally wouldn’t take the risk because there’s no upside for me of a pitbull vs another breed but plenty of potential downside. I don’t need a pit bull, I don’t live in Compton and have a need to impress the boys at the corner store. I’d be happy to have a mutt. I’ve had a mutt before and he didn’t eat me.

20. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Grew up on a farm, been around animals all my life.

You don`t hold the only animal behavior degree. LOL.

All animals have exceptions. All. They aren`t all perfectly behaved until some horrible human abuses them. And they can turn without previous bad behavior.

I didn`t say all pits are bad. I gave my experience; and added the experience of two vets with a combined 80 yrs. with animals.

They concurred that they would not allow kids around pits from their experience.

And that`s what I`m saying.