1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This may be closer to reality than you think

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cannonballcobb, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bullshit. You're more responsible than that.

2. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

If you're busting into somebody's house armed or not, or running off w/ their property, you're fair game.

3. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

Yes.

4. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Since there is no way for there to be "a 100% chance of getting shot and killed for breaking into someone's house" it is not a serious question.

It's a stupid premise.

5. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

How many home invasions occur when the residents are home? My quick internet search is yielding 9-14%. Who is gaurding the guns when no one is home?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Better premise than your made up crap about shooting your teenager et al.

7. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

The guns. Because they kill people. :D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In my case my gun safe protects them or they're with me.

9. Joe Morris

:crackup:

Mongo, you're more responsible than my folks. They have display cabinets! Oh, they have locks but are surrounded on 3 sides with glass. :crackup:

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not that nice.

11. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

+1

Fucker earned that bullet.

12. 999

999 Well-Known Member

I would say the odds of someone on this board shooting someone by accident is a lot higher than the original poster's premise.

Strange that you didn't notice how remote that possibility was.

Agreed? :crackup:

13. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

If every burglar is going to get shot the more important question is how many unarmed people who don't pose a physical threat deserve to be killed over a few dollars in cash or a tv set?

If you are 16 there's still a good chance you straighten out and become a productive and law abiding adult.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd say the odds of the gun owners here shooting someone on accident are miniscule if not non-existent. Racers tend to think well under pressure and the people here tend to be more responsible than average.

Now, them saying it's an accident later depending on local laws is a whole different subject :)

15. Chip

Chip Registered

So if there is guy in your house, in the middle of the night with the intention of stealing your shit or harming your family.....you're going to be concerned about his future rehabilitation? Seriously? Are you going to check his ID? Are you going to ask him if he comes from an "at risk home?"

16. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Anyway- back to work for me. Y'all have a nice holiday and don't shoot anybody. Cheers. :beer:

17. Joe Morris

He's Canadian. He actually might! :crackup:

18. Chip

Chip Registered

:crackup::crackup:

19. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

Material value shouldn't dictate when somebody is the recipient of your defense.

If Amurikans were armed on planes (since the dawn of public air transport) and terrrists had taken over a plane many moons ago, but all were killed and the plane crashed due to depressurization (from the bullets), would we have had 9/11?

Answer: not w/ planes. :D

20. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

Everyone I have shot, I MEANT TO, surprisingly none by accident