1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is why we can't have nice things

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Aug 9, 2021.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Guessing this will just get deleted and probably result in a vacation but going throw it out there anyways.

Where in that thread did anyone ask who the pharma companies are paying off? Where did anyone ask about hidden agendas regarding the vax? Or outside data supporting or refuting the effectiveness of it? Or any debatable statements whatsoever? Because I seem to recall the OP being pretty clear in his request.

We've all got opinions and I've received my fair share of flogging recently for my rather blunt methods of sharing them. But I'd like to think I at least stay on the topic at hand and especially don't stray into territory that we all know damn well will get a thread nuked.

It's sad that what was actually a rather informative thread got nuked because people can't act like adults and just follow the fucking rules. I, like some others, was very interested in the first hand accounts that don't have some political skew to them. Not going to waste time on the why, but I'm currently in a very conflicted state regarding the vaccine and the future of my family so that thread provided some very useful first hand insight. Pretty goddamn frustrating to read through the whole thread, get to the last page and realize that the thread's been deleted because people just can't fucking help themselves. JFC. :rolleyes::( /end rant

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Yup, I even gave the warning that it would get disappeared like the last interesting thread. I hope that some of the offenders got disappeared for a while, too. The stupid is strong with some of them.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There isn't a single thing about covid or a covid vaccine that isn't political.

You want to talk about dna based vaccines versus old school and the science behind them, cool. But don't go near the specific one being handed out right now...

sheepofblue and tony 340 like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They were talking about people having actual side effects (or not) and not hearsay (friend's cousin's friend's sister's neighbor). Lasted maybe a page.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, still not remotely close to out of the dungeon :crackup:

6. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

True. Goes for damned near anything anymore. Can’t walk out the front door without some splashing you.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, nah, who knows? It was interesting for a bit and then I went back to fighting the Russian hordes. :D

8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

It's seems there's no in between discussion about anything anymore. We've lost the ability to converse, debate and educate (ourselves and others).

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You know what isn't political?

Donuts.

Discuss....

:D

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Bismarck > donut

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

bacon>donut

12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Four posts before that goes political.

Newyork likes this.
  13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yeah I am sorry that thread got nuked (not passing judgment on that decision). It was interesting for me to read the responses. I asked the OP for the purpose of the thread to better frame my input, never heard back, so I never contributed.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

maple bacon donut

GM GIXXER, CBRRRRR999 and R Acree like this.
  15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

OP and I have very different ideas of "nice things"

16. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I got vaccinated against donuts about 15 years ago and haven't eaten one since.

969 and sdg like this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Now that is a vaccine I absolutely refuse to take.

Spooner, Funkm05, beac83 and 2 others like this.
  18. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I don't eat at Arby's anymore. I don't have the vaccine for it.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Are there boosters you need every six months to maintain immunity?

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm hurt! Any discussion started by me is, by definition, a nice thing.