1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is terrible..

Discussion in 'General' started by runfromme, May 26, 2008.

1. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Prayers from here. :( RIP

2. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

3. Russell2566

Russell2566 Chicken Strips are Yummy

I'm friends with a few people who were on the track when this happen (I was in the pits). Is there truth in what I heard that the red flag was already out when the poor kid got hit?

I also hear the other guy who I don't know is/was in bad shape. Any word on his condition?

4. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

A parent's worst nightmare.

R.I.P.

5. Russell2566

Russell2566 Chicken Strips are Yummy

It was my first time seeing these young kids riding in person. I have to say I was jealous and amazed at an opportunity to road race so young. I was surprise to find out during the track day that these kids would be competing in the same class as the adults with the larger bikes.

This seemed completely incompetent of the CCS organization even before this happened. I know this could have happened either way, but it was an SV that hit him...

6. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers from Alabama.

7. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Russell2566: You are correct, it was a combined race. 125cc GP, Formula 40 and Ultralight Superbike. But there is no way of knowing if an all-125cc race would have turned out differently, the kid was prone in the track and hit by multiple riders, on the first lap. According to CCS officials.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  8. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

I saw Alex and his bro at a trackday @ VIR , last year maybe - They were killin me with thier pogo sticks, and them they went out and killed the Advanced class on thier 125s - Great memories !

Godspeed Alex - And prayers of comfort to his family ---

9. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

No, there was a standing yellow for a separate incident.

The other rider banged up his arm and knee. He's as good as can be expected.

10. Slick228

Slick228 I dropped oil there, too.

No words can express the sadness one feels when involved in such a terrible situation. Our condolences go out to the Lyskawa family and all of his friends.

Godspeed Alex.

:(

11. Palanon

Palanon Well-Known Member

Please don't let the age fool you. Alex, and his older brother Brent, are expert level racers. You would be amazed at how fast those kids are. If you look at the tribute video, the plates on Alex's bike is no joke. Bruce Transport and the kids are the greatest. They always race with the adults up here and do very well.

I don't think this is the time to lay blame. Alex may have been a kid but, he didn't race like one. Many people are going to assume blame they don't deserve. Please don't add to their anguish.

12. ScottG

ScottG Well-Known Member

Russell.... This thread is not the place to try and place blame or put digs in on the organization. its a thread where people can say a few words in memory of a young racer. If you feel the need to discuss the accident, another thread would be better suited.

RIP Alex, you will be missed. Thuoghts and Prayers to the Lyskawa family.

Scott Greenwood

13. dabutracing

dabutracing Well-Known Member

RIP and prayers to his family and friends. Thats two young ones gone from this earth this weekend. A rough weekend for the motorcycle community. Once again thoughts and prayers. I'm betting that Alex is upstairs right now giving Jason some pointers on how to shave seconds off his lap times.

14. maidenamerica71

maidenamerica71 expect the unexpected

...a very tough Memorial Day for many. Godspeed.

15. wes

wes Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this....Prayers sent for his family and friends.

16. MrGixxer1k

MrGixxer1k Well-Known Member

it is always fun to go by the BusKids garage at LRRS and see the kids pogoing, doing wheelies and banging into each other on scooters, racing around on Razor scooters, wrestling, joking around, just being kids. Something all of us could use a little more of.

I lost 2 teammates last year and cant believe another young gun is gone.
    Godspeed Alex

condolences and prayers to family and friends.

Dave D
    Speedbike Racing
    LRRS #99

17. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

I don't have much but please take these photos, they are from last year at Miller, hopefully they will help you all remember Alex

Alex Lyskawa, USGPRU, Miller 2007

Please post the link up on other boards so that friends can get these. Hover over the larger image on the right to view in different sizes or click Save Photo to download the original.

18. Kuala76

Kuala76 MARRC President 2013

It doesn't really affect the outcome, but the red flag was out. There is nothing that could have been done differently on track or off... I dont' have words right now other than deepest condolences to all involved, family, friends, and fellow safety crew. Ride free little racer.

19. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I just heard about this and am heartbroken. At the riders meeting yesterday they said there was a serious incident but we didn't see a helo so some us thought nothing of it. To come home and hear this tragic news sucks. RIP little man. :(

20. cricket2783

cricket2783 I'm mean, get over it

this is my worst fear. I dont have kids, but my husband and all of our friends race. I cant even imgaine. My heartfelt prayers are sent to the family, friends, and everyone who was involved. RIP little man:(