1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is a Test.....

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by THIRTY4, Dec 26, 2011.

1. RTD

RTD Well-Known Member

Does this count?

Attached Files:

2. THIRTY4

THIRTY4 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that is out of a snowmobile?

Don

3. RTD

RTD Well-Known Member

It sure is, they made a few variations of that motor from 97 until about 04.

4. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

The 3/1 two stroke pipe "baffles" me.....???? :confused:

5. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Rolf Steinhausen?

Confession: I had to use the Google to make this guess...I got nothing.:confused:

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Cost and space issues for production vehicles. Those tune pipes work pretty good actually.

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It was built by Helmut Fath, I don't know how successful it was but apparently it was pretty powerful and had potential but it never really came to fruition. The engine was used briefly in a solo ridden by Jon Ekerold.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fath was a very good engineer, after winning the world sidecar championship on a BMW he was upset that he still wasn't one of the favoured riders when it came to factory parts. His answer was to co-design and build his own 4 cylinder DOHC engine with which he won the world championship again. The bike was successful once more in 1971 with Horst Owesle/Peter Rutterford on board.

He then turned his hand to 2 strokes and worked on Phil Read's 1971 250 and Jon Ekerold's 1980 350, both of which won their respective world championship in those years.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  8. RTD

RTD Well-Known Member

3 cylinder 2 stroke snowmobiles are a thing of the past, most 3 cylinder machines not sold as "lake racers" did have single pipes. There isn't a lot of room under the hood of that machine, they did build a similar engine with exhaust valves and triple pipes, it did make quite a bit more power than the single pipe version but was not nearly as nice to ride. Also that goofy looking single pipe produced one of the sweetest sounding exhaust note of any 2 stroke I've had the pleasure of riding.

9. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

There is a company out there that makes 3-1 expansion chambers for the Suzuki/Kaw triples...I was looking at one for my old KH400 but never bought it. It looked cool....probably sounded crazy.

10. THIRTY4

11. THIRTY4

Hi Guys,

A different kind of test. :) What engine powered this Two-Stroke?

[​IMG]

Don

12. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Kawasaki A7 350. And not just engine; tank (mebbe seatJ) aside, it was all A7.

13. RTD

RTD Well-Known Member

Kawasaki twin?

Edit: someone beat me to it

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  14. THIRTY4

.....and right you are. :beer: An American Eagle.

Don

15. peterz84

peterz84 Well-Known Member

A couple of you guys know this well :up:

[​IMG]

Pete

16. charles

charles The Transporter

honda NSR250.. or I'll be dipped in Yamalube.

17. charles

charles The Transporter

Next, you'll be giving us pics of Cushman scooters!:Poke:

18. peterz84

peterz84 Well-Known Member

Yep, 1994 nsr250 mc28 SP

:beer:

Pete

19. THIRTY4

OK Smart $h1t:

[​IMG]

Don ;)

20. charles

charles The Transporter

MZ 125-????

Rotary valve twin cyl (parked next to a Mercedes something or other)...has to be German or Dutch creation. Or maybe a Ron Fahron special...from the 'old' days.