1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things to do in Santa Barbara, CA.

Discussion in 'General' started by TakeItApart, Jun 5, 2014.

1. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Give me a quick rundown of things to get into or places to eat near Santa Barbara, or even near LA. We're here for her BFF's wedding on Saturday where I'll get to wear my cheap ass suit to the four seasons and feel out of place.
    What is there to do until then and afterwards. We did take some scenic road that went near the foothills and made me want to ride a moto all week long!

First one to tell me to be a coffee table is in trouble!

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

check out AirTrix, where they do some incredible custom painting on moto helmets and a lot of factory paint jobs as well.

tons of great food, pretty much anything on state street wont let you down. great bars and nightlife on state street too.

3. mcskeeto

mcskeeto Well-Known Member

Rent a Ducati Hypermotard from Ducati Santa Barbara (Carlin Dunn-winner of previous Pike's Peak hill climbs works there and may even own part of the dealership) and ride the piss out of it on all the awesome coastal and mountain roads around there. I rented one from them a few years ago. I stayed at the Four Seasons. I loved the look on all the other guests faces when I rode up and parked the thing right outside the front door. The parking staff loved it and let me park it there all week.

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

FreeBirds burritos in Isla Vista. Get the "Kitchen Sink"
    Also, Espresso Romas right across the street from Freebirds

If you have the time, there is a Danish community called Solvang just over the mountains. Sounds like renting the Ducati from McSkeeto's post and having Solvang as a destination would be a good option.

Travel safe.

5. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Awesome! Thanks guys! I checked for the Hyper and it's not available in SB. Boo! They only have little dark monsters. I may have to drive back down to LA and grab the Hyper though. :D

6. kruizen

kruizen Well-Known Member

Cool bike hang out, they do music and outside bars etc. been a while since I've been there but there was everything there from hard core bikers to granny in the caddy that Sunday afternoon.

http://coldspringtavern.com

7. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I ended up driving back down to LA and found a small rental operation that had a few choice bikes available. Actually they had about 15 or so bikes to choose from. I ended up picking a Hyperstrada. Fun bike!

They had an FZ-09 that I was eyeing up and a selection of gsxr's, an r6 and even a '14 675R. I thought my other half was gonna kill me when we left the location on melrose ave though! Apparently she freaks out in traffic!

Anyway, I'll hit up some fun roads this morning and report back on the Hyperstrada.

Oh, and how you CA people can lane split at 20+mph faster than traffic is beyond me. I did a little bit after we left LA and hopped on 101N because it was about 5-6pm. Damn! I was waiting to get split by someone crazier than me! It's a little unnerving.

8. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Splitting takes some getting used to. Its a skill that improves with practice.

You have to watch the drivers on both sides to make sure they aren't going to move on you.

9. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Yeah, I was hyper aware! Haha! What's really cool is that for the most part, if they see you coming or know you're there, most drivers I ran by would move over a bit and make a little lane. :up: That said; I do prefer the twisties around LA/SB!