1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things are getting messy at Ducati

Discussion in 'General' started by ShadowBoxer, Nov 13, 2020.

1. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

2. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

He should probably keep his trap shut before he burns any more bridges. The way he's currently riding, he'll likely be out of the top 5, even with the Yamahas excluded.

track wagon likes this.
  3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Why keep his trap shut? Dovi's sabbatical is going to be permanent, even he knows that. He's willing to walk away if he doesn't have the package he wants, and has more than enough money to never need to work again. Andrea gives ZERO fucks. Remember, he also lawyered up to keep his Repsol in 2011. Dovi is very litigious. Dovi isn't going to burn any bridges. He's gonna blow them up with C4, burn the timbers into ash and take a dump on the remains. I fucking love Andrea Dovizioso.

Also, lawyers deciding the championship and or races would just be the perfect summation of this year.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Wonder if Dovi is really an American? :Poke::flag:

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

what is this "the-race.com" website...so far some really good stories this week

6. ShadowBoxer

I found it a couple of days ago and I agree, some pretty good stories...

7. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

yeah i even unblocked them on AdBlock, that's about the highest honor i can bestow on a website

8. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Toby Moody and Simon Patterson, they have a really good podcast by the same name. They get Neil Spaulding on there from time to time also.

9. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I think he has a snowballs chance proving that is was Ducatis idea. Im sure the paddock is not going to ruin relationships for someone who is on their way out of the sport. I dont disagree and its unfortune. But will be tough to prove.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Stupid lawsuit. There is no way they agreed to this to keep from paying him and he'll never be able to prove it.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If it's true and if he pursues it someone needs to snip off his nuts so he'll never reproduce.

He does like his lawyers doesn't he?

Speaking of which. . .

12. ShadowBoxer

If his team conspired against him so they wouldn’t have to pay him then why should he remain silent? That is assuming if Ducati did do that which to me it seems they may have...

ScottieDucati likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and if I had wheels I'd be a wagon. :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So what were all the other teams conspiring towards who agreed to the penalty? Were they all working with Ducati to rip off Dovi? :D

15. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

the-race is a great source if you’re looking for in-depth stories, but not such a good place for results and such. Their podcasts are also very well produced if you’re into that sort of thing.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Forget this noise for a second. Dovi has been #2 in the championship for the past three years and seemingly, the Baloney rockets only hope at a title. How did they fuck the dog so badly this year with all that transpired to put themselves so far out of contention and consider their next picks for factory rides, etc? I am scratching my head on this one.

17. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Guess i'm a wagon!

Jed likes this.
  18. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Michelin changed the rear tire for this year to have more edge grip. It happened to suit the inlines better than the V4s. Given Yamaha/Suzuki results it seems to have accomplished that goal.

19. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

If he's saying this for fairness, I might get it. But still, screw him. Those valves in the maha's didn't help them with any advantage so this is nit picking.

20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I think he's just so bitter at Ducati he's trying to stick it in them anyway possible.