1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Woodlands, TX

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP69, Mar 27, 2013.

1. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I'm interviewing for a job there and would like to hear first-hand opinion of the area. I currently live near St. Louis, MO. Anyone local or have knowledge of the area? Thanks in advance.

2. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I can help you but not until tonight. Stay tuned

3. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

Heard its a nice suburb of Houston.

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

It's Texas, how could you go wrong?

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Its a nice area. Homes are fairly inexpensive and there are decent malls and restaurants in the area. When I was researching the area about 8 years ago the Cy-Fair school district was rated quite high if you have kids.
    Added bonus is you are fairly close to both Texas World Speedway and MSR Houston.
    FWIW, if I was going to move to Houston The Woodlands would be one of the areas I would be considering.

6. zuki750

zuki750 Well-Known Member

welcome to GSOF bruder :)

7. MotoGP69

Not sure what this means.

Thanks and keep 'em coming.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I believe that's a typo - should be GSOT - great state of Texas...

9. MotoGP69

Ah. That makes sense. I always liked the "Don't Mess With Texas" slogan.

10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Texas is the best. I can't wait till I can get out of the Canadian tundra and get back down there.

11. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

I highly recommend it. It's a little utopia! We live just south in Spring, TX. The best part about The Woodlands is 3 Palms MX/Action sports park is 5 miles to the north. Braaap!!

http://www.threepalmsesp.com/

12. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

Wooldlands is awesome. Nicest suburb of houston to live in. they have great schools, great restaurants, has the woodlands pavalion that has a lot of good concerts. And, woodlands town center is just gorgeous!

13. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

Woodlands is a Masterplanned community. It's really nice. Not a part of Cy-fair though, that's about a 40 min ride to the west. Like posts above its just north of spring, and just south of Conroe. Conroe has a nice lake, 3 palms mx park, and is home to CEll and the boot camp.
    About 40 miles north of downtown Houston. Woodlands mall is very nice, and you have all you need up there. You could live quite comfy there, it's nice.

14. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

and dont forget its not to far away from the forests (between huntsville and livingston) and we do quite a few rides through there.....you might even catch CE2 tearing it up there on his goldwing often!

15. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

My mother lived there for about ten years.

It's nice if you like cookie-cutter subdivision home, planned community type of stuff. Side note- the Houston metro area has the worst urban sprawl I've ever seen.

16. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

ya it does!

oh forgot to mention, Woodlands is about 4 hours from COTA!

17. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Just a check...do you know what the slogan means? (I lived there when it came out)

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some sort of no littering thing wasn't it?

19. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I don't know if I would say awesome but it is pretty nice......for being on the north side.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Is that as bad as being ITP around here? :D