1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The tale of two Yuenglings

Discussion in 'General' started by Don't tell mom, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Don't tell mom

Don't tell mom Well-Known Member

On my way to Barber last weekend, I stopped to pick up some beer for the track. Grabbed a 12 of Yuengling and a 6 pack of the same. Or so I thought.

I iced the 18 beers down, drove to the track, and got ready to watch racing for the first time in years. I usually work the corners picking racers up after they fall or break down. So I go into the cooler and pull out a Yuengling LIGHT. :eek: WTF?? Some asshat had switched the six pack. They took the regulars out and put the lights in, then put the regulars in the light container. I was pissed. Now, the lights aren't bad but that isn't what I wanted... and at 5' 6" and 155 lbs., I really don't need a light beer.

Just needed to vent. Thank you, that is all.

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Ahhhh yes.....the 'ol "recieving the unexpected"...

[​IMG]

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

yuengling light is good stuff.

4. 02GSXR

02GSXR Well-Known Member

Yuengling

Be blessed it was not the Black and Tan beer. It taste like burnt ass (or what I imagine it would tast like). Be glad we finally have it in Alabama. For several years I would have to smuggle cases across the state lines from my house in Pennsylvania and drive back to Alabama. Then all my friends would come over and rape my supplies. If you ever get to Pottsville, Pa. it is a treat to try the different ales they have. Or drive to Tampa, Fl. and try it there since that is where we get our (southeast) brew from. Check out the link: http://www.yuengling.com
    Now if we can get a hoagie shop in Alabama that can make a cheese steak w/whiz and a decent Italian hoagie.

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I prefer Yuengling Light to the regular in the bottles. On tap I'll take the regs.:beer: