1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The real future of Tesla...

Discussion in 'General' started by prospected, Jun 27, 2019.

1. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Starting to see quite a few horror stories in the automotive forums regarding the Tesla model line-up involving manufacturer support or the lack thereof. This one might sting more than others...

2. They can all go eat a bag of dicks.

spoon32, crashman, YamahaRick and 3 others like this.
  3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Is a Tesla rant to be Brian’s next STG video? :crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. It will be when I get up there again. :D

Nick_OMC and ducnut like this.
  5. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

:crackup:

Your comment made me think of a classic scene from Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back. :D

image.jpeg

cajun636 and Gorilla George like this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

It’s no secret Tesla has monopolized their repair parts. The fools who’ve bought them are going to be in for a rude awakening, at some point. All the better, since my tax dollars subsidized their purchase and it pisses me right the fuck off.

7. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Well, I read where Tesla is having a big push to deliver new cars, because the tax credit drops 50% this coming Monday

So there might not be enough parts to go around

But, 4months is ridiculous

8. blue03R6

blue03R6 Well-Known Member

you're not even allowed to work on a tesla yourself. they wont sell you the parts. there's 2 things in that video that I am pretty sure is illegal. 1. a insurance co cannot dictate who can or can't repair your car.
    2. tesla cant dictate who can or can't repair your car.

I don't know how some of these new companies like tesla, uber, apple etc are allowed to circumvent laws other manufactures and businesses have to follow.
    uber doesn't have to be regulated like cab companies. tesla does all kinds of shit other companies can't such as not having a dealership. another one is they promised their customers can use the super chargers for free. now it's not free and they limit the charge to 80%. apple also doesn't allow repair businesses to repair their products even getting customs to seize parts so they don't reach the repair businesses.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

It's in the mice type on the documents they sign when they buy.

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Which laws would that be exactly?

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Magnusson-Moss Act?

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm that really only has to do with warranties.

13. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

John Deere does the same with their tractors. Right to repair is being hotly contested in courts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_Vehicle_Owners'_Right_to_Repair_Act

https://repair.org

https://www.popularmechanics.com/te...to-repair-legislation-under-fire-in-nebraska/

I don't get all the hatred directed towards Tesla in general. It's an American startup car company that employs people and is innovative. They've stirred the pot enough to get all the big players to try and compete and they're the ones that are behind. Tesla are protecting the parts distribution because it helps their margins while they grow to become viable. Building cars is nothing short of a logistical nightmare. Don't like it? Don't buy one. But why direct all this hatred towards them? Elon is living what he preaches as best as he can. That's respectable.

For the record - I don't own one (or their stock) nor do I plan to in the near future. But I'm glad to see people excited about an American car built by Americans.

aaronson and Inst Tech like this.
  14. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Musk is his own worst enemy

code3ryder likes this.
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

There is a dude on YouTube who fixes them as kind of a fu to their repair policy. He stockpiles his own parts from salvage.

Tesla is no different from Apple in how they protect their product. Like it or not.

ducnut likes this.
  16. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

None of those thing are against the law. Tesla or an insurance company is not going to face criminal charges.

Apple is getting customs to seize Apple parts meant for repair? How do they know what's in the box? How do they know they're to be used for repair? How do they know an unauthorized 3rd party is going to be doing the repairs? And then somehow, when customs magically knows all of this, they seize the shipment? And do what with it?

Holy tinfoil hat.

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

blue03R6 likes this.
  18. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Well, shit.

<heads to store to buy tinfoil>

busa99 likes this.
  19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]