1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The OneX Team Shirt Debacle

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Apr 16, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

So back in January, I decide to order new team shirts. I was already working with a designer on the bike graphics, so I asked him to design the shirts, tents, and jackets as well. Took about a week of back and forth and we were ready to order. I gave him my order, sizes, etc, approved the final proof, and sent payment to the Designer directly. He then ordered the shirts from OneX. This was on January 26. I also ordered Tents and Jackets at the same time. Delivery was supposed to be "about 3 weeks" giving us plenty of time before Daytona.

2 weeks goes by and I get an email from OneX, asking me to approve the final proof (which I already did), but this time, the shirts have OneX logos all over them, including a huge one right in the center of the chest covering the design I paid for. So I asked him to remove the logos, but he said he could only remove the one on the chest, the others were "structural to the shirt". I wasn't happy, but with 4 weeks until Daytona I decided to proceed. He then asked me AGAIN for shirt and size counts which I had already provided through the designer, but I gave them to him again. Wires get crossed, no big deal.

A few more weeks go by, tents arrive (from FLEX racing, they are beautiful) and the Jackets, which are just OK, but whatever. I send some emails and get no response about the shirts.

Now it's the end of February and I'm still getting no response. I go to the designer and he messages OneX on his end and gets no response. WTF? They completely ghosted us. This goes on through the first week of March, when I finally tell OneX in a strongly worded email (I have no phone number for them) to provide me with a ship date or cancel the order.

First week in March (3 days before Daytona) he writes back and says "there was a problem with production" and the shirts won't be ready for 2 more weeks, do I want to cancel? Well, now I need shirts for the season so I tell him to proceed. So no shirts for Daytona.

Around this time I found out that Kaleb (KD51co.) is doing shirts and tents now. So after Daytona, I have Kaleb do a design and place an order, because I have ZERO faith in OneX.

All throughout March, OneX AGAIN stops responding to emails. Probably wrote him 3x.

Kaleb's shirts show up in about 2-3 weeks, and they are beautiful, nice fit, awesome material. They look FACTORY!

OneX still not responding so after Easter weekend (April 1) I tell OneX to cancel the order. He writes back that he will have the shirts Thursday!

2 more weeks go by and no shirts. So I email OneX AGAIN- and ask him politely to cancel the order, as I'm leaving for Road Atlanta on Wednesday and since it's Friday I doubt I'll have his shirts to wear.

He doesn't respond, but immediately I get a UPS ship notification that the shirts will be there tomorrow. But when tomorrow comes, UPS notifies me that the delivery is rescheduled because OneX never tendered the package to them, just printed a label. So again I email OneX and tell him to cancel. Oh no, he says, UPS already has the shirts (Bullshit).

Monday comes and the shirts arrive.

The Aprilia logo is cut off, the design on the sleeves doesn't match up, and the collar doesn't fold down because the zipper goes all the way to the top like a turtleneck. Not to mention the colors don't match the proof and in general the quality is crap compared to the KD51 shirts I am now in love with.

So I explain these issues and ask for a refund and an address so I can return the shirts. Surprise, surprise, NO RESPONSE.

So I've had it with OneX. I'm sending back the box, they can have it. I want my $500 back too. Am I wrong about this?

FWIW the designer is furious with them too, again not his fault this happened.
    IMG_6660.jpg IMG_6662.jpg IMG_6661.jpg

ToofPic likes this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

You're clearly wasting your time trying to deal with them, dispute the charges with your CC company- looks like you've got plenty of evidence.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

+1

Tifosi and brex like this.
  4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Those are hot garbage

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nah, your only mistake was this...
    Gentlemen, start your pitchforks! OneX is due some learnin'.

969 and ToofPic like this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

tl1098 likes this.
  7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

N P e Y 're Wrong............. at all.
    O O U Not

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You'd think someone around the motorcycle community would know better than to fuck over a member of the beeb. :crackup:

969, jrsamples, ToofPic and 3 others like this.
  9. Gino230

10. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

jrsamples, tl1098, cav115 and 5 others like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's very nice. Looks very professional.

Tifosi, Canadian Bacon and Gino230 like this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’m sorry but I can’t stop laughing at that shirt. :crackup:

who in blue hell would produce that and think it’s acceptable?

tl1098, cav115, Gino230 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wonder where the shirts are produced.

14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

China or Bangladesh. Both shirts are probably made in the same factory tbh.

Jed likes this.
  15. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

anyone can have sublimated shirts made offshore. the execution is 100% in the art design and layout.

BrentA and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  16. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was going to say that having a design that depends on multiple contours or color to match up and then needing that to happen for multiple sizes and styles could be tough no matter what. The over seas manufacturer could have been struggling to make the design work and scrapping and starting over a bunch. Or you were at the back of the line and they just threw something together when they finally got to yours.

The new ones look great!

Gino230 likes this.
  17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Must be something in the water. Attack had a very similar issue with their shirts for Daytona.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I think it was the same company, but I'm probably wrong.

19. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

You're worried about your shirts? How about addressing the alignment of your cabinet doors?

20. Gino230

Don't even get me started on that. That was a custom built in that my wife handled, because the builder I wanted to use was too expensive for her. So we got what we paid for and in her mind it's great, but those misaligned doors drive me nuts and I just refuse to use them. Life is full of compromises. She's a hard working woman and a great wife / partner/ occasional shirt model and we have a great, loving marriage. So I accept crooked cabinet doors and I hired all contractors from then on!

Tifosi, stangmx13, ducnut and 2 others like this.