1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Iran war.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, May 7, 2019.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Been there, done that.

It's frightening!!! :eek:o_O:confused::mad::(:rtfrb:

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Well, he doesn't drink. So there's that too. :D

3. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Can you name any one of the 52 sites (sure hope not)? Culture/religion go together for me in that region. Could be wrong, never been there. Doesn't matter what he says, matters what he does.

4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Nope. Can’t name a single one. But nothing in his words there even implies religious sites. You’re the one making the implications. Figured you could back it up with something factual.

brex likes this.
  5. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Pompeo said the Obama administration had tried to “challenge and attack everybody who was running around with an AK-47 or a piece of indirect artillery. We’ve made a very different approach. We’ve told the Iranian regime, ‘Enough. You can’t get away with using proxy forces and think your homeland will be safe and secure.’ We’re going to respond against the actual decision-makers, the people who are causing this threat from the Islamic Republic of Iran.”

I like the thought process I only wish we had done it this way years ago. Pretty nervous where this is all going. Trump said we will only leave Iraq if they pay us for the airbase/bases we built there. Again, I like the thought process but lots of Americans in the line of fire (maybe not all by choice).

A cultural site would be the Washington Monument a religious site would be the Islamic Center of America in Michigan or Temple Emanu-El in New York. I bet Iran has the same sort of differentiation.

6. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Reading up it looks like case law says that cultural sites are included, not just religious. I'm not trying to prove anything. It was posted that there was nothing to what the left media is ranting about. I simply posted the tweet that set them off.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

His breathing sets them off.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Well if he’d stop, Hillary could claim her rightful place as the president. Right?

:crackup:

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Not like he was sniffing her hair

10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

You guys see Joe did it to another little girl over the weekend? Lol

11. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Joe, the guy that has been dead wrong about every foreign issue, stated that Trump was wrong to go after a deadly terrorist that kills and maims and practices hate.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ben Shapiro had some choice things to say this morning about the current policy with Iran vs the previous administration. He was fired up.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Such as what? Granted the Iran war thing is funny just in general even if the situations are different. But what has Trump actually done to deserve the vitriol and even moreso the flat out lies?

14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

"Deserve" is a bit of a loaded term. I would think we agree that he hands his opponents ammunition to call him a liar and a fool on a regular basis.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

You see here’s one thing I disagree with Trump over. I don’t think he should specifically list or allude to any possible targets. He shouldn’t even mention anything about possible targets that have a place in their culture. Not a good move on his part. Keep your mouth shut at the same time keep the option on the table. IMO.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

yeah that 52 targets thing is beyond lame. chest puffery is pointless.

Be solemn and quiet but firm, prepare to unleash Hell.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

This is a good question. Is he really this big of a threat to some people that these same people resort to behaving and responding with untruths and far greater “poor” behaviors etc. Are they really this insecure or are they protecting their own self interest that they’ve nurtured for themselves. Crazy the level of double standards.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm still missing the lies or are we nitpicking on all the normal exaggerations and silly shit? He gives them ammo to call him an asshole for sure. The fool part I don't see as much. Especially when his foolish tweets tend to play out really well long term (Kim Jung Cuckoo being a prime example even if he is still nutty as a fruitcake)

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I disagree, a warning is not a bad thing. A little history lesson is not a bad thing. Chest puffery is a huge thing the ME so he's getting his point across in a manner they understand.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're not paying attention. He lies.