1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

The thing is, Sky Sports will be given the directive from On High to ignore the elephant in the room and nary a word will be said about the issues with the Vegas F1 race. Think of all the early Middle East races where they were lucky to have 3000 fans in the stands and it was completely ignored by the TV coverage and their pundits.

5axis and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  2. Waldo Pepper

Waldo Pepper Active Member

Funny. They schedule a race in a toilet and then wonder why it stinks.

I fly out there tomorrow morning. :D

Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
    CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  3. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

The swerve will be tbe Massa kerfuffle. Hammy might have been gifted his first championship like Max.

4. rwdfun

rwdfun

Gifted schmifted. I still take joy of my memory of the Brazil race with Massa passing slick shod cars in the rain and his whole team and dad celebrating, only to see Hamilton pass his last car just before the finish line to claim the championship and pull the rug from Massa and Ferrari. Taking more joy see his latest statements. Massa aint no champion

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pat still owns the distribution company but shut down some of the motorsports stuff. Last I heard Chris was working there.

5axis and 27 like this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

When Yamaha asked me to come to Cypress to meet about our Yamaha deal we had to switch focus to the marketing side of the company because the Clarks were paying for everything… buying bikes and parts and paying BB to ride and mentor Chris… Fortunately Bob Starr authorized bikes for me the first time a decade earlier in 99 and knew my work. We shifted towards the Toyota/Yamaha connections and quantified our value with marketing results.

Amar Bazzaz worked with him early too as I brought back some fully kitted Honda 600s from Vegas to Chicago for him. They were WSS spec bikes with yellow plates on them… and Wera stickers iirc…

I don’t know them but Chris always seemed like a decent guy on and off the track.

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

So who stayed up to watch the whatever the hell they were ceremony last night?

8. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

What ceremony? The Olympics starting or something?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Probably the free sex ceremony. Give the gift that keeps on giving.

brex likes this.
  10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Maybe the temporary blindness from driving straight at the Sphere ceremony?

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I drove through LV yesterday morning and didn't see much F1 advertising from I-15, honestly. If I hadn't known better, I would never guess there was a race in town.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I know that you haven't had any interest in F1 since the 2000s, so what kind of coincidence brought you to town? Maybe a wedding?

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

:crackup:

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

First practice session over thanks to the shit show road breaking a Ferrari chassis.

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Hey....they made it 9 minutes!

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

There's a really nice track 1800 miles east of there.

18. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Will the track be fixed by the next scheduled practice at 03:00 east coast time?

19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

That Sphere is really really cool!

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

No word on the track fix timing yet.

The Sphere is pretty cool for sure. Up close it hurts your eyes, as in right next to it or across the street, but 20 yards away it looks much better.

Photo likes this.