1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

From all I saw it was primarily one Twitter account, who claimed she was a diversity hire because she's a black female.
    She's done a lot of work for the W Series, and raced herself.

2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Well that makes sense why people are all out defending her. Probably was so he may not be wrong. Still though, with commentators, shouldn’t people judge by their performance. Simon was absolutely shit his first season, he still isn’t great(IMO) in the box but as for pit lane and tech detail, second to none that I’ve seen in 25 years.
    Sam Collins hair annoys the shit out of me but dude knows his shit. So why judge a book by its cover.
    Meh, people judging based on nothing. Idiots.

Edit: Plus she can’t be any worse than the chick that looked like a watermelon on the grid today.

Edit 2: Plus no one can be worse than Ralph Sheehan(or how ever you spell it).

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  3. BHP41

Didn’t see as I watch from the F1 pass.
    On that note, F1 has the race streaming down to a T. Can tune in 5-10mins or however late during the race and it gives the option before the video starts to “watch live” or “play from beginning”. MGP needs to get on that.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's spelled Shitheen.

5. BHP41

:crackup:

Only time I don’t remember muting the TV was when he was doing WRC on SpeedVision. Probably because I was too young to give a shit about the announcers and just was wowed by crazy SOBs driving cars like that.

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Hammy's back seemed OK today... :confused:

7. rwdfun

rwdfun

Can anyone here remind me the details of the technical change last year that seemed to benefit only cars that used rake to generate more of their downforce. Was that introduced after the start of the season? Did anyone in particular request that change? Why was the change needed?

8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I really enjoy Simon, but he's second to Pridmore at a minimum.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Not sure when people will learn about this type of thing, these younger guys aren't going to have the same outcome as Kyle Larson..

11. BHP41

It’s BS. He said a word that millions and millions use everyday. Millions and millions hear it in that trash they call music.
    If you watch the clip, there was no malice behind it, just a phrase that gets heard and used everyday by that generation.
    There aren’t words that only certain people can use, just words. Either everyone can use them or no one can.
    The whole thing is bullshit.

Razr likes this.
  12. BHP41

From Twitter spotted at the Canadian GP. :crackup::crackup:

Attached Files:

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You are 100% wrong.

I didn’t see or hear what he said, but there are words an African American guy can say to his race that white guys can’t. I never use that word anyway, as that was a cuss word for me growing up, but to pretend it is okay to say is out of touch, IMO.

R1Racer99 and Chris Smith like this.
  14. BHP41

No there isn’t. Black people can say nigga all day long but a white personal can’t ? BS. The kid didn’t say nigger, he used the word that is in bars,sports arenas and red lights where you can hear that trash. Either everyone can use it or no one can.
    I find using both forms is stupid but you can’t restrict words based on race, that’s racist in itself.

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well we will have to agree to disagree.

To me it shows a lack of class and respect to pop off with that word. I’m 57 and had 3 black guys working for me prior to them retiring over the past few years

A group of us, black, white, and Hispanic had a conversation about this topic and all agreed we didn’t like hearing it in songs, but white guys could get in some trouble using it. Now these guys were 10 years younger to 15 years older than me, so it could be generational and maybe it’s not a problem with kids?

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't even look up which slur he used but I guess I have my answer. How is that even part of his vocabulary? The motherfucker is from Estonia! They have black people there?

motion and cpettit like this.
  17. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Member

is it a double standard? 100% yes... but ask yourself and any white guy why they want to use that word anyway.. just so they can say that there are no double standards that do not favor them.. that is the only reason. its like this, ive heard women jokingly calling each other bitch and hoe, as a man, would I join in on their joking language? no.. is it a double standard? yes.. do I care to challenge it? no. I know better and I let them have it.

R1Racer99, Boman Forklift and cpettit like this.
  18. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Some people just can't understand normal thinking.

R1Racer99 and Boman Forklift like this.
  19. BHP41

Meh, it’s not like that. So you’re singing along with a rap song and you lose your job or career because of it? It’s happened.
    I don’t personally use it, it’s seems dumb to use a word that meant something derogatory in normal situations. Thing is, the people that seem to get upset with this particular word have made it common. What other group uses a derogatory word to refer to others? ZERO.
    If someone uses a derogatory word such, kike, would we look at that person different? Yes, we should.
    However, you don’t hear these groups making a word mainstream and then get upset that other ethnic groups uses it.
    That word just needs to go away but until a certain sub set of a culture abandons it, it never will. Bet you don’t find Clarence Thomas or Thomas Sowell using that word unless they’re specifically speaking about it. Why is that?
    I think some of y’all are missing the point to try and be virtuous.

20. BHP41

This post 100% proves my point. It’s become a mainstream word. My nigga. Bitch nigga, ho ass nigga. All are heard everyday. So why if a guy from Estonia knows it (he said “bitch nigga” BTW), how is it not a mainstream word that’s used by all at this point and why are people up set?

I can see if he said something offensive by using something like “go back picking cotton,nigger” but he didn’t. He used a word/phrase that has transcended oceans and borders.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022