1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

George Russell: "I always thought Michael Schumacher was the best Formula 1 driver ever but after racing alongside Lewis Hamilton this season I realised I was right."

six6two, G 97, DJ Baker and 2 others like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Broken brake disc.

Senna likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I find it fascinating that George Russell is systematically trouncing Hammy.

six6two, DrA5 and Steeltoe like this.
  7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Nathey, BigBird and Steeltoe like this.
  8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

9. rwdfun

rwdfun

If anyone is still a fan of Verstappen after this race, you need to get your head examined. And that goes for Horner too. Hey Max. How ‘bout you design the car then?

This is now the 2nd obvious time that he needs DRS to pass someone that seems to be faster everywhere else other than the straight. Now that they made the cars capable of following closely, they need to at least reduce DRS effect some.

And it’s about time someone doesn’t kowtow to Max. Russel is a fighter

duggram likes this.
  10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

That was a pretty dramatic race all around... sux for Chucky.

I wonder whats going on with Danny Ric? Lando is always going stronger in the race while he just goes backward...

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think of you every time. It hasn't gotten old yet. :D

motion likes this.
  12. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

During the race I would have liked to seen Hamilton up there. Then there was the post race where in every comment he neglected to mention he wanted to quit on Lap1 and it was his team that made him go on. Wouldn’t have been bad if he had acknowledged that fact but he had to say “we” just keep going. No, Hamilton wanted to quit.
    Good race though, shame for Ferrari but they look to have 1,2 pace going into Monaco. Championship on

six6two, cpettit and A. Barrister like this.
  13. rwdfun

rwdfun

I’m guessing you’re not a Hamilton fan, but it’s a bit much to say he wanted to quit. He suggested being that far back it might be better to save the engine. As soon as his team said they expected 8th and wanted the points, he put his head down and proceeded to better their expectations by 4 places before car issues forced him to drop to 5th. Pretty yeoman type work if you ask me.

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I guess he likes porpoising better than Hamilton. :D

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Hammy looks lost without the best car...

rd400racer, DrA5 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  16. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

VFR#52 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  17. six6two

six6two AWD

He’s wanted to quit all year lmao

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  18. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Hamilton reminds me of a pothead on or off track, chill and focused and mostly happy. Max is like a methhead, frenetic and twitchy and that is annoying. Watching Max in traffic is way different than watching Louis.
    I'm team Chuck or George this year just for change and they're far less annoying on the radio or post race interviews.

19. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

I'm no fanboy, but Hamilton deserved driver of the day for that race. To go from 19th to 5th is phenomenal. The mercs seem to have been much better relative to the beginning of the season so he had a decent car today, but still he drove superbly. Max needs a solid pimp slap.

VFR#52 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

cpettit and motion like this.