1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Elimination of Harmful Language Initiative, Stanford University

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Dec 30, 2022.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Raise them to accept reality and they can join my kids in running the world after all the bedwetters and handwringers undergo their 14th gender reassignment surgery.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

As one who is on the tail end of raising kids it’s no longer funny whatsoever.

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

That's Trailer Swift.

Sabre699, Steeltoe and notbostrom like this.
  4. mte78

mte78 Well-Known Member

That’s a pole smoker.

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

We have them fucktards up here too. It's not just 'muricans that are so stunned it's mind boggling. Just brainless NPC drones walking around with airpods in. They're everywhere, and they outbreed smart people at least 2:1.

Steeltoe likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's always been fucked up, you just didn't see it as easily before. If you did your job then your kids will be fine.

sheepofblue and R1Racer99 like this.
  7. britx303

Were lap dances from cross dressing men commonly accepted by the “you-know-who’s” when you were growing up? Then when young girls were attacked by cross dressing boys in the bathrooms, did those same “you-know-who’s” play cover up? Maybe it’s just a different fucked up nowadays I guess.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, cross dressing lap dances were common in certain bars. The amount of shit that was hidden by people in positions of power seems to have decreased tremendously with the advent of faster communication and widespread camera use. BTW - kids being attacked in bathrooms still happens, a lot sadly. And yeah, the powers that be do try to hide it when they can. But then someone finds out and it hits the internet and the local news stations looking for content so it doesn't stay hidden long.

9. britx303

I meant lap dances for elementary schoolers. I’m stopping here kind Sir. :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Parents have done and allowed bad shit to happen to and near their children since long before you were born. Hell, Richard Pryor grew up in a whorehouse.

11. britx303

Totally agree there have always been fucked up parents the world over.But The issue currently is it’s now encouraged by the powers that be. And speaking out lands you on a domestic terrorist watch list if you don’t want your children involved. This is where the difference comes in to play.

cav115, YamahaRick and Gorilla George like this.
  12. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

lmfao wait how'd i get dragged into this? not everyone who hangs out with @gpstar748 is a ladyboy :crackup:

R1Racer99 likes this.
  13. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

i feel pretty much the same as you, but have still started replacing my usage of "master/slave" and similar with other terms like "follower/leader" anyway. no reason to hang on to "master/slave", and "leader/follower" or "primary/secondary" etc are actually clearer in most cases.

one that particularly made me chuckle was my employer encouraging us to not use "blacklist/whitelist" any longer. i pointed out that the etymology of "blacklist" dates back to the early 1600's, long before "black" was ever used as an English-language descriptor for skin color - the etymology is derived from the color black being culturally associated with evil and malevolence, as in the Black Plague or black flags in naval combat. but, in the same breath, i still acquiesced to HR and noted that "blocklist/allowlist" is, again, actually clearer language.

14. That would be really funny, if bullshit like that wasn't actually happening.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  15. This reminds me when I sent a report several years ago after I had to do an investigation on one of my rigs about why the Upper Annular wasn't operating properly.

At some point in the report I stated the 0-3k Regulator was "jacking off". One of the people copied in the email was a female, and she lost her shit. She hit "Reply All" (about 15 people in the email) and went on this bullshitass rant about how she shouldn't be subjected to such vulgar language and how she expects more professionalism in the workplace and all of this bullshit.

I also replied to all, and told her she needed to do some research before coming at me with that attitude. I educated her on how "jacking off" is a hydraulic term, and then explained exactly what is happening inside the regulator when it is jacking off, how it leads to erratic functionality of BOP components, and the implications of that happening during a Well Control incident.

She didn't respond, which I took as her knowing she needed to STFU.

People need to harden the fuck up, and stop LOOKING for ways to be offended. If you have to dig into and twist something that much to figure out a way for it to offend you, maybe you should take a look in the mirror at the real fucking problem.

MachineR1, tophyr, sdg and 11 others like this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Been thinking it’d be fun to take that list and put it in the “moderation list” in the back along with the suggested options and see what it’d do on the front end here. :D

beac83 and Steeltoe like this.
  17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

"If you have to dig into and twist something that much to figure out a way for it to offend you, maybe you should take a look in the mirror at the real fucking problem."
    No maybe you should be fired. She is a disruption to work and falsely attacks people, fire her.

mte78 and Gorilla George like this.
  18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You did that shit on purpose. We know you :crackup:

19. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

And thats the story of how GG met his wife!

20. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Jerking off at work never had that effect for me. :(

YamahaRick and Gorilla George like this.