1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dentist

Discussion in 'General' started by Smokes35, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

I used to not mind the dentist at all... Now i cant stand it... because when i was 0-22 years old my parents paid for it... and now i pay for it... and well I've spend more at the dentist than i ever did on a motorcycle... and it makes me sad... :(

I'll be sure to post up what inhumane procedure they plan on doing to me today when i get back...
    :mad::down::eek::(:tut::Pop:

2. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

If they have to give you the gas, please post up shortly afterwards. We all know how well that goes.

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I just went this morning. It was great. It's all girls and they're all cute. Really.

4. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

I love LOVE LOVE getting my teeth cleaned.

5. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I get tired of having my dentist try to push the latest thing that he just learned about in a seminar. I actually left my prior dentist, because every time I went in there, it was high pressure tactics to either sell me something, or have me go under some new high dollar service.

6. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Mine is total old school, cleaning 2x a year, Xrays as needed.

We once went to a guy who's main thing was to sell services that involved "improving your smile" (whitening, veneers, etc), rather than general dental health. Needless to say, he missed a few things in Roger's mouth that resulted in a root canal and crown.

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Damn, I hate the dentist. Only went because the Navy made me. Once discharged I didn't go back until just recently because of a broken filling. I've had 2 cleanings and a crown installed in the last 2 months.

Sitting in the waiting room I have this vision of 3 doors. One is the door to Hell, one the door to Waterboarding and the third is the door to the Dentist office. The door to Hell and Waterboarding are well used. The one to the Dentist office has spider webs all over it and old news papers stacked around it. :D

If I had any art skills that would already be delivered to the dental office. :p

8. My Dentist is a little bit crazy. He has a computer monitor on each chair so you can see your xrays and your chart and everything, which is pretty cool. The last time I was there while I was waiting for something he brought up the internet on my screen and started showing my crazy pictures from break.com. I think he uses the gas between patients.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Those digital x-rays are pretty cool. My dentist has that at the chairs too.

10. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Welcome to the real world young man :)

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

:up:

I used to love to go to the Dentist primarily because my godfather was a dentist and he would let me roam around the place and play around.

I remember pulling a few teeth myself with a string.

My love for the dentist stopped when I came to the US and we received medicare. I swear, we (brother and I) were being raped. I think the bastard (dentist) was drilling just to drill. Since 1980 I had gone to the dentist once, around 1990 and had a minor cavity worked on without any anestesia.

In 2002 I broke a tooth eating pork rhines while visiting South FL over Xmas. Went to Walgreens and made my own tooth out of some crap they sell. That lasted me well into 2008. I finally went in, had the tooth remove (wisdom) as well all other wisdom teeth. It was a great experience.

Technology has come a long way. I have still not experience gas but I have not had any major tooth work.

12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I like the twice a year cleaning and checkup as well. Teeth feel great afterwards and his dental assistants are all hot.

13. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I've got a temporary crown in (permanent comes next week). Thing's been leaking clove-flavored adhesive for a week and a half, flavoring everydamnthing.

It's my first major dental work - he replaced an old metal filling in this tooth with a plastic dam (new thermoplastic material replacing the mercury-silver), and the tooth cracked a week later. I guess that's a crapshoot probability, but I'm still not thrilled with the occasion.

I think I only take mediocre care of my teeth compared to some I know, but I do pay attention to them. Some guys I know without dental insurance are fanatical about brushing.

Now, you want to talk expense? Try orthodontics - my daughters (three of 'em) need braces. The oldest's could have been a freaking racebike they cost so much, but she's got a great smile now. I guess that's important to girls (hey, it's important to me, too, actually).

14. Italiantwin04

Italiantwin04 Well-Known Member

I work as a business manager for a dental office and you should see some of the shit that people do to themselves by not taking care of their teeth. Trust me, spend a few minutes a day taking care of your teeth or it will cost you huge amounts of money later. Actually, don't take care of your teeth and get really good dental insurance, then come see us:D.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Can't wait to read your feelings about the cock again.

16. sr9004u

sr9004u Well-Known Member

Wooooord

17. APPI

APPI Well-Known Member

I hate my teeth. I floss and brush twice a day and still have constant problems. I just found out on Friday that I need 4 root canals and 1 bridge. Frigging rip off dentist gives me 2 quotes, $9200.00 if I have insurance, and $5500.00 if I don't. He can bite me. I talked to a good friend who's buddy lives in Mexico. He put me in touch with a Mexican dental office that will do the whole thing for $2500.00. All state of the art equipment and nice clean place. I'm going on Monday. http://www.washingtondentalclinics.com/tijuana/

Is there really such a thing as really good dental insurance. All I've seen, they pay around 20% of the total bill.

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You are a sick twisted woman.

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Like APPI said, is there such a thing as good dental insurance? Insurance through my wife's work is better than what I am offered here, but it still sucketh.

:crackup:

20. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter