1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The crud

Discussion in 'General' started by sportracer07, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

Admittedly, no clue. I only know that as a driver, if the commander decided we needed to shoot more, i as a driver had to run 1/4 mile to the ammo truck, pick one of those 80 lbs puppies up and run back to where we were parked.
    And that they made a loud bang
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

rd400racer likes this.
  2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Ohhhhh caliber, not caliper. o_O

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Oops sorry

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well we got some cool tank pics out of that anyway. :crackup:

YamahaRick likes this.
  5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

went to the ENT for tinnitus. Definitely got some hearing loss shown on a hearing test but trying a steroid regiment because it came on suddenly and had some fluid behind ear drums when it first started a month ago.

They are doing the MRI tomorrow as a precaution and are pretty confident the tinnitus is due to hearing damage. This fucking sucks, I'd almost rather it be a benign tumor that they can take off and make it go away.

6. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I had fluid in my middle ears a few years ago and was prescribed Prednisone.

Keep us apprised of your side-effects.

Steak Travis likes this.
  7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Will do. Started predisone today. I've also had crackling in my ears when I swallow for a couple years after a sinus infection. Hopefully it's Eustachian tube/ allergy stuff that's causing it. I have a headache right now but I think that's from no caffeine for the first time in awhile. Going to stop coffee and alcohol at least until I'm done with this prednisone cycle.

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oddly, I don't think sudden hearing loss has ever been discussed on the Beeb, despite everything else under the sun seeming to have been. If you experience sudden hearing loss, it is considered a medical emergency. RUN TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM. Don't wait and see. Happened to my mother and husband. You can get it back.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think for the vast majority of us sudden loss isn't the issue as much as the long term loss just from what we do. I fully expect to lose mine before normal people would - then again I don't expect to be around as long as normal people so it should offset.

Luckily the tinnitus i have now doesn't actually change my hearing much if at all and it's not annoying enough I can't tune it out when going to sleep (granted I tend to fall asleep with a tv on). I really need to get my neck sorted out though because it also messes with my vision when it gets too tight.

FWIW I totally absolutely agree on sudden large changes go see a doc. Hell even if it's just a huge wax buildup it can lead to serious long term problems.

10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Had it coming out of both ends for 2 days now. Good thing I work from home.