1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thats just me

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by lizard84, Mar 27, 2003.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

The smart thing to do would have been to leave the RZ's wheels alone, grabs some fresh avons & get to it.:rolleyes:

Which of course means the RZ sits in the garage with an F2 front end, an FZ swingarm and a FZR600 4x18" rear wheel.

Here's the rub, It looks great but a CBR600F2 rear 17" rim just fell from the sky, its alot lighter, along with being wider and a 17" Now I've heard alot more machine work has to go into using the CBR rim but would like to do it down the road anyway.

Anybody have such a setup, or know someone that has or has done the install into the FZ swingarm.

Needless to say, I'd like to pick your brain for mods & measurements

Bob

2. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

and I too would like to hear about this..... :D

3. evilhordewannabe

evilhordewannabe Well-Known Member

4. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Honda F2 wheel

Hey Bob,

Scott McCain (wera33) is running the F2 rear wheel on his RZ and it seems to be working VERY well, drop him a note maybe he can fill you in on the details of mounting/running it..

5. TommyD

TommyD Well-Known Member

Bob just take it easy on that RZ.I don't need you going any faster.Can't you just go back to stiring up itshay instead of asking tech questions.

6. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Yeah what Tommy said!

7. lizard84

Can't do it, must take prefectly good semi sorted race bike, change forks/triple tree/bars/swingarm/wheels in order to be totally lost setup wise while also learning the black art that is 2-stroke's

As for stiring shit Teach, thats just a sidejob :D

8. TommyD

TommyD Well-Known Member

Near as I can see nobodys snatched the pebble from your hand master poop stirrer.

9. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Hey, while your at it, why not totally change the porting, run different carbs, pipes and ignition so you can REALLY be lost when you start riding it!:D

Seriously though, you should have left it alone, but you won't be dissapointed w/ the changes. I used the 18 all the time I rode the rz and it works great. Bridgestones new tires are worlds better than the tire I rode on and it was good. Still, it sounds like the 17 incher would be even better. As good as the "stones" are, it can't hurt to have other options.(Pirelli's on an RZ.... :cool: Yeah!)

10. lizard84

Since it already had 34mm flatslides, race pipes, & porting I'm sure I will be lost enough... :D

The stock ignition will be left alone although I did lose the battery by replacing it with a cap. Lets call it the Web/pac...

I've decided to go with VP C12/castrol a747 fuel/oil while I'm learning. If every thing seems to be sorted out ok later this year I'll try the VP MR8. I dont want added O2 adding to the jetting hassle.

My to do list is shrinking day by day so I hope to have it back to being a runner in a little over week. If I can swing it, I'll have Stan who I've contacted already to give the motor a quick look before we put our dress on & go to the prom.

11. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

A747....wow. next time get the exspensive stuff!:eek:

12. lizard84

Only the best in order to try to keep you in sight...