1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks to all at Tally

Discussion in 'General' started by smooth, Apr 6, 2004.

1. smooth

smooth Well-Known Member

Hey, everyone. Just wanted to drop a line and say thanks to everyone at Talladega this last weekend. I had a really great time and finished up with my prov. novice status. I don't know everyone I met, I especially remember Photochick and Mr Microphone (nice people). Thanks to all the officials, cornerworkers, tech people, Buzz's psycle and Ed's folks that were out there. Also, thanks to my fellow racers for not running me down or giving me shit if I was in the way. (Running slow this weekend, wanting to make sure I finished). Especially, I want to thank Chris and Jimmy from MS and Van, who pitted next to us. You guys were a help on the track and I really enjoyed hanging with you off the track. Chris, next time, I'll try to break out my large grill along with my coffee maker and we'll cookout some more.
    I don't remember the names of everyone I talked to, but everyone was very cool.
    Can't wait to do it again!

:clap:

2. IYFphoto

IYFphoto Ripper of fish lips

Glad you had a good weekend. Keep it like your name and you'll be fine:)

And put your number in your signature so we know who you are. That way we can tease you at the track if you post newbie questions here....just kidding;)

3. smooth

smooth Well-Known Member

Thanks, Louis. I think I remember you. Weren't you on a motard in race 13? I'm number 635, on the black SV with a hole in the front fender. :)

4. smooth

smooth Well-Known Member

I almost forgot. Thanks alot to Max at Traxxion to getting my forks back to me in the nick of time. I was busily getting my bike back together the night before I left for tally. About a week prior, I found that I had a leaking fork seal and sent them to max to rebuild them for me. He found me at the track and checked by to make sure they were doing alright.

5. IYFphoto

IYFphoto Ripper of fish lips

Yep...I only did race 13 on novice #113. My website is stitched on my butt...

Keep it real.

6. gixxerjosh

gixxerjosh Captain America's Flunky

Hey Smooth, What classes were you in? Just wondering if you were one of the many that placed in front of me. I ride the Captain America SV.

7. gixxerjosh

gixxerjosh Captain America's Flunky

That's to cover up the wear marks from over usage!!:Poke:

8. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

You're the one I followed into the first turn....I picked my head up from the straight and all I saw were sparks and what looked like a bullseye in front of me!:D

9. smooth

smooth Well-Known Member

GixxerJosh, sorry to get back so late. I ran the LWT solo 20, F2, & LWT twins SBK. With all the practice on Friday and in the mornings, that was plenty enough for the weekend.

I remember seeing your bike, I think. Captain America-ish with scuffs up one side? I'm not sure if I remember seeing you on the track though. I finished near, but not quite last in all my races. (hoping to work on improving that soon, if I can go faster and be smooth everywhere):D