1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank You WERA Vintage!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Steve Fahey, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Steve Fahey

Steve Fahey I need a new avatar

This was my 1st year back racing after a 17 year hiatus. It was exciting, exhilarating, satisfying, frustrating and exasperating...just like I remembered it! It was nice to find that me and my old FJ600 were still competitive.

There are too many people to thank individually. The WERA and WERA Vintage officials run a GREAT show! The corner workers were great...thankfully I didn't have too much direct interaction with them. Chuck and his wife are terrific, consistent starters.

I particulary enjoyed meeting more members of my new extended family...the racers. :D I'm looking forward to meeting more of you next year!! Please stop by and introduce yourself!

My wife Melissa and son Andrew have been so supportive this year!!! It's nice to know that you have that cheerleading team backing you up! Andrew really loves his race weekends and I thank all you guys for providing such a safe and friendly environment for him in the pits.

Next year should be a good one. This year was full of teething problems for me and my FJ, culminating with me turning my clutch into dust at the start of the V5 race at the GNF. To be a contender for a National Championship my first year back and have it go up in smoke was extremely disappointing. :( Life has a funny way of not going the way you want it to...oh well...life goes on. I think Andrew was almost as disappointed as I was. On a positive note, it did give me an opportunity to have a father/son talk with Andrew about always trying your hardest and never giving up. He knows now that we'll be back with our lessons learned and we'll be stronger.

See you next year!:beer:

Steve Fahey

Last edited: Nov 1, 2003
  2. Yamaha179

Yamaha179 Well-Known Member

Steve has always been very friendly at the races and at the GNF he spent a lot of his time helping us find our transmission problems. (Unfortunately, then I screwed things up and reassembled the box so Mark only had five gears.) Anyway, he has things going in the right direction as Andrew helped him change jets.

Steve, thanks for all your help Wednesday afternoon. We'll see y'all next season.

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I also want to thank the officials, Chuck and Charlotte, corner workers, Tony, Sean, Evelyn, I'm sure I'm missing others as well.

Also, a huge atta boy to Scott McCain for keeping me honest this year in F-2 stroke. I know next year will be tough and I'm sure Mark and Lyn will have the TZ dialed in by then.

Steve, we had some really good races at Road A and RRR. Next year should be fun.

4. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

Steve, it has been great to meet you and andrew and the cajun queen.:) You were unsure what was up for next year so I just thought I would put a plug in for v-3 or v-4 . thats where the action will be and come be a part of it.Now everone thanking people, I think the most Important person has sliped through without enough recognition and that would be the big cheese Mr mark mitchell, he has done a outstanding job with wera vintage and has pulled the vintage crowd much closer together.I had told him a few things he has pulled off this year there was not a chance in hell of happening and he has made them all happen and I have eaten my words, he's the man lets he it!!!! the phantom