1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TGPR Race Report - I'm Back!!!!

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Jeffro510, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

2. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Great writeup Jeffro! :up:

Welcome back. :beer:

3. Jeffro510

Thanks. Now it's your turn Joe!!!!:clap:

4. Joe Morris

Can I borrow your bike? :Poke: :p :D

I'm prepping the SV for some trackdays right now. Who knows.....

5. Jeffro510

Sure Joe, you can borrow my dirtbike anytime!!!!:D

Careful, it's more addicting than sniffing glue!!!!:beer:

6. Joe Morris

If you saw my SV at the moment you wouldn't even let me touch your bike....any of them!

I'll be down at Barbers March 3-4 and I'm staying at 29 Dreams. I hope we can catch up a little. The first :beer: is on me.

7. joe617

joe617 Well-Known Member

Great write up!! I noticed you have had corrective eye surgery. If you don't mind me asking, how much does that set a man back??

8. Jeffro510

Same amount it sets a women back!!!!:p

It depends on the doctor and the technology that they use. Different procedures cost different amounts, and it probably varies from state to state too. One thing that you don't want to do with the LASIK is bargain shop.:down: Do your homework then go to a few consultations to see what doctor you trust the most. From what I found it was between $2000 to just under $3000 per eye for the most qualified doctors depending on the procedure that you need. Of course, I highly recommend Michelson Laser Vision here in Birmingham...:up:

9. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

Joe - I'll come out to 29 Dreams when you are there. How about Sat night we have a get together??

And get that damn SV on the track. Miss you guys . . .

10. Joe Morris

That sounds like a plan! :beer: It was really nice talking to Tim for a few minutes making my reservation. I'm really excited about seeing everyone.

This weekend I'm finally going to tackle the ridiculously difficult clutch issue with the SV. It only took me 5 years! Besides being ugly this is about the last issue I have to sort out. I'll be keen to keep the bike upright with everything sorted.

11. Jeffro510

You can get the bike running better, you can get faster on track, but there ain't nothin' you can do about being ugly!!!!:moon:

12. Joe Morris

Maybe I should wear my Shoei around all the time? :p

All in all I think my SV is in the best mechanical condition it has enjoyed since I became the owner. But asthetically it's a mess. I'm thinking about going with this look since it's something I think I can do with rattle cans.

[​IMG]

13. Jeffro510

Yeah, the flat black is an easy spray with rattle cans and looks sweet too. I did that on a friends SV and it turned out pretty good. Maybe someday you'll actually ride it to?!?!

14. Joe Morris

Dude, my fixation with that bike has turned into some evil OCD. The bike has been ready for a week yet last night I tore into it again. I improved nothing and spent 5 hours turning wrenches.

The good news is that I've finally put my mechanical fears to rest. Now I've moved on to my fears that I've forgotten how to ride.

This weekend will be liberating even if it somehow turns out not to be as much fun as I think it will.

15. Jeffro510

What you doin' this weekend? Enquiring minds want to know...

16. Joe Morris

I'm doing a NESBA day at VIR South on Saturday. WERA is racing the North Course so I get to hang with friends all weekend. The weather is supposed to be beautiful too.

17. Jeffro510

That's cool. We know how much you like that track, and getting to hang with the WERA homies too, should be a great weekend...

18. Joe Morris

It's funny. I haven't slept through the night in a week. I don't know if I'm more worried or excited. This is the same feeling I had before my first race weekend when I didn't sleep for two days before I got to the track. I got issues man!

The thing is that back then I didn't know much about my bike. I just washed it and then worried that I'd crash it and/or get maimed my first race. Now I fret over every last thing about the bike. And I'm picky! I want the controls just right not simply adequate. I blame Scott. Knowledge is power but my knowledge is just enough to drive me crazy.

I can't wait to turn a wheel on the track though. I'd hoped that time away would rekindle my enthusiasm and I think it's worked.