1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texas World Speedway, Monday 5/15

Discussion in 'General' started by Hatchman, May 10, 2006.

1. Hatchman

Hatchman Speedaholic

Going to Texas World Speedway this Monday with a big Aprilia group from the AF1 open house this weekend in New Braunfels.

Does anybody know if the Speedway has power outlets? And is there an online video of somebody doing a lap somewhere I can download?

Any tips or advice on that track?

Anybody else from here coming out to this?

Thanks, hope to see you at the track!

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

There are some outlets in some of the garages. Some of them work.

It can be a fun track. It can be an intimidating track. Turn one is a sack check.

3. Hatchman

Hatchman Speedaholic

Guess I better get there early then, I don't have a gen.

4. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

There are plenty of outlets in the covered garages but the breakers will trip when too many sets of warmers get going.

Turn 1 is a major sack check. Also, be careful coming out of the carousel when you flick back to the left. If you whack the throttle open there you can get a juicy highside.

On a Mille with no experience there you can hold your head high with anything below two minutes.

5. Hatchman

Hatchman Speedaholic

Thanks for the tip, I'll shoot for a 1:59 later on in the afternoon after I get used to it and the bike dialed in.

6. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

7. tz_eric

tz_eric Well-Known Member

Man, that is some great information. I wish I had that when I learned the big track.

I know it's not video, but my endurance team logged a lot of data at TWS. You can see speed and throttle and stuff for all the turns on the track. The web sight is www.ace-racing.com. There is data for laps in the 1:50 to 2:00 range on an old R1.

8. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned