1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla's "AutoPilot" & Motorcycle

Discussion in 'General' started by tzrider, Sep 3, 2022.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I could have put this in the video thread but....

1 - It's motorcycle related.
    2 - I had not heard of this
    3 - This guy's videos are very good & well made.

Pride & Joy, sdg and MyWayGuy like this.
  2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I saw advertisements about this while on a layover in Cali.

Article in the AMA rag American Motorcyclist about it this month, too. Finally the government is taking action, albeit slowly. Reminds me of the Firestone / Ford debacle. Kill all Laywers, but first, use them to keep Corporations and the Government from staying in bed together too long.....

3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Tesla autopilot is developed using purely machine learning by 3d vector image production using cameras alone. It’s actually why they have advanced so much further than other companies in regard to the technology. As someone in the collision industry I personally believe they are going to HAVE to incorporate at least a front facing LiDAR to fix the issues the autopilot is having. The problem is the processing power their neural network server is going to have to have to do both. It gets feed from every vehicle. They’ll get there. in the meantime it should be regulated heavily.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

So what you're saying is, when your Tesla isn't driving, it's mining BitCoin?

motion likes this.
  5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Tesla doesn’t mine. They buy. From a monetary perspective it doesn’t make sense to mine with the amount of energy it takes to do it with their server being located in America and how many bitcoin are left. It requires more energy to mine with every coin added to the system. Programmed scarcity

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

[​IMG]

8. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

No it isnt I just gave a real answer

Blammo likes this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Cortez is the Broome of bitcoin

pickled egg likes this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

What do you mean?

He's buying them all up cause some fat lady pissed him off?
    Or is he going to uppercut all the bitcoins except his out of existence?
    Or does he go and randomly pet stray bitcoin he sees in the wild?

We need clarification on this?

:D

11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

12. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

13. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

These articles are focusing on the tech.. the programming... the engineers...

Seriously, what if we get used to blaming Testla or Way-Mo or Sky-Net for killing another human because (insert blah blah), instead of blaming the actual fucking DRIVER behind the wheel?

The attempt to shift the responsible party to being a faceless corporate entity and not the same ol' oblivious meat sack behind the wheel, is the thing that scares the crap out of me.

Pride & Joy, sdg, StaccatoFan and 2 others like this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

15. Well when your government is in the process of pushing for electric cars they won’t shit in their own house. They are probably more concerned if the guy on the bike had an aftermarket pipe on it.

16. Same here, think they have their place but what the Tesla can do is pretty next level. I’m ok with systems like say Ford and GM have, mapping roads, etc. and only working in certain scenarios if all the stars are aligned but Tesla, although I love the tech takes too much responsibility off the driver. I need to look which ones have it but know a few either have facial or retina scanning every so often just to make sure you are awake let alone paying attention. Saw a dude couple months ago with his laptop going while going down the road. Wtf.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I don't like ANY of that crap trying to drive the vehicle for me. I turn off absolutely every damn ""driver aid"" that I can.

I don't even use friggin cruise control. It doesn't do curves right.

I've been driving for 45 damn years. I got it.

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I made a video of a woman sound asleep behind the wheel of her Tesla doing 75mph in the fast lane on the 405 in SoCal.

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

So you're the old guy in front of me slowing to 43 on a sweeping corner of the road where the limit is 55? Ok got it, so set the cruise to 59 and I won't curse behind you :rolleyes:

cav115 and auminer like this.
  20. sdg

sdg *

He even credits his sources. Well done