1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla roadster 0 to 60 in 1.9 seconds

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Nov 18, 2017.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

:crackup: Time for a new girlfriend!

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

She figured it out pretty quickly. It was a funny story by the time I heard about it.

3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

my buddy at work has one. one time we both ended up in the bathroom doing work poops at the same time... people would come in (busy floor) and he'd hit the app a bunch and then make grunting noises to go with it all loud like, "OHHH GOD! OHHH GOD!" "UGGGHHHH!!!"

i was crying in the stall from laughing. god bless corporate america and the paid work poop. its a glorious thing.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Do you know what forum you're on? Most people here don't ride

Gorilla George, Phl218 and roy826ex like this.
  5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Changing oil isn’t cost or time effective for me. Plus I hate wrenching of any sort on cars. Motorcycles and bicycles I enjoy working on myself.

V5 Racer likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

If ya ain't willing to do it yerself, you're surrendering your rights to bitch about the inconvenience of getting someone else to do it. :moon:

Phl218, Brad and baconologist like this.
  7. Since when did bitching need to be justified?

8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I ride both road and track. I'm not like Dave f@cking K...
    And my experience over the years I have been riding has demonstrated quite clearly that, contrary to popular motorcyclist belief, most girls don't give a shit if you ride. :D *runs for cover*

BigBird and bleacht like this.
  9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

So driving some place, telling a grease monkey what you need, waiting for your car to go in, waiting for it to be serviced (and hoping they dont use the sludge at the bottom of the barrel), processing payment, getting in the car, and driving home is more time effective than loosening a drain plug, taking a filter off, putting a filter on, replacing drain plug, filling with oil?

You must be the 1% I hear people talk about :p

fixerflyer likes this.
  10. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Yeah, most think it's cool when they find out but it's not a panty-dropper like some believe.

BigBird likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Must just be you. :Poke:

cha0s#242 likes this.
  12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

At Akins heck yeah, they have a great waiting area with workstations so I can work remotely in comfort while they mess with the vehicle. Best part is they service my diesel van cheaper than I can buy just the oil.

13. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

More like dropping my vehicle off, hopping in the loaner and returning later in the day if I feel like it after they say it’s ready, or and much more likely returning to pick mine back up the following day with it’s fresh fluids plus a full detail inside and out.

Last thing I have time for is menial tasks on a daily driver.

14. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

you know Lexus will deliver the loaner to you at your house or job. bush league over here going into a dealership, who wants to do that?

Gorilla George and 418 like this.
  15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

You left off removing and replacing the stupid plastic aero panels they are putting underneath many vehicles these days to get that extra 0.5 mpg. You also left off dragging your laptop out to the car, hooking it up to the ODBII Port, going through the menus to reset the service interval indicator. Let's not forget changing out the air filter, cabin air filter, checking the tire pressure, checking the brake pads for wear, filling the washer fluid, etc.

16. 418

418 Expert #59

So menial that you refuse to do it, eh?

Some shit you guys love to justify.

The best thing about guys like you is when they fuck something up there is plenty of time to cover it up and you're none the wiser.

That loner car shit goes in favor of both parties.

17. cha0s#242

Yeah, maybe I should get one a them sweet Doocatees so the ladies finally start to notice me ? I would be the most badassed 43 y.o. daddy at the local Tim Hortons :D

pickled egg likes this.
  18. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Wife dries an MB. I drive a Wrangler. Couldn't get service experiences any further apart.

Sweatypants likes this.
  19. cha0s#242

Yes. I used to run away from dealerships to perform stuff that was not under warranty. Since I have the Lexus, I let them do most stuff except oil changes because they charge twice what Costco costs me. My local dealership is very effective, know their cars well and have some very good mechanics, they lend me some brand very nice brand new cars and wash my car inside and out. Definitely worth it for me.

20. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Lexus? Why are you guys driving chick cars? :confused: