1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla roadster 0 to 60 in 1.9 seconds

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Nov 18, 2017.

1. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

It’s ok, you gave him money, there is a tomorrow you'll get a refund :crackup:

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Lol okay. So no talking about a car unless you’ve personally driven it. Makes sense.

The only person here who has a legitimate reason to hate it is Broome. The rest of you, I can’t figure out why you hate it so much. It don’t make no vroom vroom noises? Did you hate FI and radial tires too?

What a weird thing to want to see new technologies fail.

3. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Ok. Ever use PayPal? Ever hear of SpaceX? Guess who's building a tunnel under LA to help deal with traffic? He's changed the way we use ecommerce and is making faster advances than NASA in aerospace. Even if Tesla doesn't work out, at least he's trying to make a difference and employing a lot of people in the process. But go ahead and hate, even if it makes no sense.

V5 Racer, stk0308, cha0s#242 and 9 others like this.
  4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

As long as that guy back in the day was selling a cure for not being able to reuse really expensive first stages for rockets. Yuk Yuk Yuk

5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I don’t hate the guy at all, I dislike the “good for the environment” lie. I thought strip-mining was ecologically unsound? Is that process okay for lithium and nothing else? And where’s that $30,000 car we were promised?

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And the hordes of e-vangelicals who hang on his every word...

crashman, Gorilla George and 418 like this.
  7. bleacht

I get that, I despise paypal, but to pretend he's completely full of shit is a little crazy.

8. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Do the Tesla vehicles have any “exhaust” note at all? I’ve seen plenty while driving, but never paid attention. Maybe they could put a speaker in the back w/ nice sound ...?

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Porsche already has the speakered sound wrapped up.
    I wanna see hugely spectacular Tesla coil bolts of electricity spewin' out the back on decel. :cool:

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

No fucks given.

TurboBlew and Gorilla George like this.
  11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

And how the fuck is a two-place roadster a fluffy bunny type of vehicle? When does the city bus go into production?

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fer sher.

With all those municipal bus contracts he could buy Mars. :D

BigBird likes this.
  13. 418

418 Expert #59

Sex sells. Public transportation aint sexy.

City bus doesn't get you on the front page to lure more investors in.

14. bleacht

My Ecoboost F150 used to have the augmented sound through the speakers too until I deactivated it. Why would anyone take the time to engineer that is beyond me.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  15. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

That's not what I meant. I meant has ANYONE driven it or are these claims he's making purely fictional at this time.

And nothing says "successful" like sellin 90k cars at a loss WHILE being subsidized by the government. It's cool. Keep drinking the cool aid.

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'ma have to throw the bullshit flag on that one.

As was just mentioned a couple of posts ago, municipal contracts for those buses would be quite lucrative.

Sex may sell, but what gets investors lined up is the prospect of making money.

Governmental programs, even small, local ones, are not known for choosing frugality over good PR. Even when that 'good' PR is based on a lie.

17. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I drove a new Model S last week. They are basically small, sleek and simplistic spaceships.
    The interior is ultra modern with a huge computer monitor in the center dash. Everything is push button activated and, when running or driving, makes no sound whatsoever. The acceleration is beyond description and so is the transmission. Any amount of over zealous throttle application mashes you deep back into your seat.
    After the first full throttle take off, I had to pull over and stop to fully fathom what I had just experienced.

These cars are truly revolutionary.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you idjits want to discuss the eco bs then go to the dungeon. Only warning...

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

There was a short story written by a guy named CM Kornbluth back in the 40's. It was called "The Marching Morons" and pretty much covers why Ford took the time to engineer an engine sound augmentation system...

20. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm a Ford guy but a stock Ecoboost sounds like shit.