1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Term Life Insurance

Discussion in 'General' started by Team Atomic, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

We recently bought a house and are shopping for term life insurance.

Anybody try and sign up for term life insurance. You must disclose if your ride or race motorcycles. :down:

I wondering if there are any available which will insure riders and racers.

2. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I am over 45 and the cheapest way for me to go was the mortgage insurance, if myself or the wife dies the house is paid off, no physical and no questions.You are only covered for the balance of payoff on the mortgage but it was better than nothing

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I don't recall anything about racing. I vaguely remember skydiving being an issue but it was quite awhile ago when I got mine.

4. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

my policy covers me for mc racing. its underwritten through transamerica. after i answered that part of the questioning, they wanted more information about it and my premium was about 4X what it would have been.

5. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

4x.....ouch. Better than not disclosing and them denying coverage.

I was hoping AMA had something.

6. BellsHonda

BellsHonda Well-Known Member

I had to sign a statement saying I was done racing competitively or mine was going to be about 5X normal.
    I actually hadn't been competitive for about 2 yrs, but they didn't care :D

MB

7. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Check with Branden Parrish... Ridersurance.com.

8. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

I just went through this over the last few months. I first went to a broker who checked with 4 or 5 underwriters -- all wanted me to pay 4x (approximately). Next I went to Allstate, my current auto/home insurance, they wanted the same 4x. Finally, I found that my local State Farm agent was willing to cover me at their best ("super premium") rates. I recommend checking them out. Your mileage may vary.

9. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Hey maybe I have a love connection, our homeowners is through State Farm so I'll see what they say.