1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tent outside gate at Roebling?

Discussion in 'General' started by JeffroJ, Mar 14, 2012.

1. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Soooooo, my father just booked a ticket about an hour ago from Pittsburgh to Savannah to come watch me race Saturday (spur of the moment and kind of complicated deal). I'm driving to Roebling from Atlanta to arrive and set up Friday around 7:30pm. His flight arrives at 11:45 pm, so obviously we aren't going to make it back before the gate closes. Now I'm stuck trying to figure out where we're going to sleep Friday night, and I really don't want to sleep in the car. I tried to find a hotel within 50 miles that isn't charging a bazillion dollars this weekend, no way!

So, does Roebling-bling mind people pitching a tent (not like that :D) outside of the gate until the gate opens?

Also, can people leave the track any time after he gate "closes"?

2. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Why don't you try Priceline bid on your room. I'd say you can find one for $50.

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Hop the fence. :D

4. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Touch my cats?... we'll kick you out.

Drink too much beer?... we'll kick you out.

Ride a pit bike?... we'll kick you out.

Have too much fun?... we'll kick you out.

Inter-racial sex? We'll kick you out

Three foot screwdrivers?... we'll kick you out.

RC cars?... we'll kick you out.

Jump the fence?... we'll kick you out.

Enough said? Roebling=Buzzkill.

5. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Wait outside the fence and then post a complaint thread on the BBS in the morning, or hop the fence and complain about having to hop it on the BBS.

6. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Jumping the fence is the only truth in the above....:tut:

7. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

They didn't kick what's his name out last year for jumping the fence. I think they said it was going to cost $500 more for added security though.

8. Dits

You drove a class A RV down Zeigler Road?... we'll kick you out.

You and Jeff Bankston rented the track for Saturday? Well, it's Friday night. I'm kicking you out. :down:

I love racing at Roebling, but screw those assholes.

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Its gonna look like occupy roebling outside the gate fri morning.

10. Dits

Bullshit.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

I asked Stickboy if he wanted to go watch the flat track races last Saturday night......& got some horror stories about things that have happened after the gate closed at 10pm. :D

12. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

In or outside of his trailer?

13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

Dang, Dits.

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Damn Deeeets, tell us how you really feel.

15. Mblashfield

I pet the cats every time I go there, if they let me.

I've been to dinner with Kay And Richard and drank beer with them.

I rode my pit bike te last 3 times I was there.

I always have fun there, never been kicked out.

Screwdrivers and RC 's have never been a problem either.

Fence jumping rule has been in effect since 1995

16. Mblashfield

Some dude from Florida complained about the RC's but he was overruled by everybody.

17. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I'm sure it would be okay to pitch a tent outside the gate. Times do change but I was there riding a weekend in '07, and Borge (JGP owner) had rented the track for Monday, and the track manager at that time was supposed to had let the RRR folks know that a few of us would be staying since we were riding on Monday. Well, as I'm sitting there (only person there) having a brewski waiting on others to show up, the lady comes out asking me why I'm not packed up & leaving. I explained I was riding Monday, as Borge had rented the track. She informed me she knew about Monday's rental, but not that anyone was staying, and that I would need to leave, or I could camp outside the gate (I had my enclosed trailer). It was aggravating, but if they were to be made aware of, and they weren't.... then I had no serious problem packing up, and getting out. The other guy showed up, so we just split a room.

18. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Not true!:tut: Many of the T3 gang were annoyed.
    Between the screwdrivers, folks berating my girl for trying to stop a fight, stank-ass cats, etc is good cause to not be back. So let the RC races commence!!! And I have new shades to cut the glare off the balding heads...:D
    Plus Jax is more south GA than Fla. But I did work for the mouse for 10 years.

And all the shit Dits states is correct. Some folks wouldn't want to drink with some folks. Just sayin'.......

I'll miss racing this weekend, but won't miss the place.

Hey Dits: come to Barber and help me do the CW air fence cookout!!!

19. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Dunlop guys told me the races were rained out anyway.

20. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

I drove about forever and a day to get to RRR... Showed up with my Work-N-Play/Honda generator. They kicked me out cause "they were leaving" and nobody was going to be there. We moved the trailer to the driveway...right in front of the gate and camped there. Guess what....they never left. They just like to make things difficult...bottom line. I can't tell you how many events I've skipped at RRR...like last weekends CCS event....mostly because I can't stand to support a track that makes shit difficult.

I'll be there this weekend for the Wera N....and I'm praying I can get through the weekend without drama and without seeing management.