1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell me what I did wrong

Discussion in 'Tech' started by badmoon692008, May 1, 2018.

1. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm looking for answers. Recently had my first weekend on Bridgestone tires, and while they felt fine for most of the weekend, I did have an off that at first I blamed on me, but after watching the video I can't see anything but just losing grip. I'm trying to not blame the tires but I don't have any better ideas. Any input?

For reference this is at Autobahn Country Club this last weekend. Temp is around 58 at this point, Running the new R11's with half day of practice on them. Pressures were 29 F 24 R based on tire guy's input.

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Sheesh, you could have mentioned the crash is at the 11:50 mark. My best internet expert guess: you were leaned over and lifted off the throttle, unloading the front.

Odilup and rcarson15 like this.
  3. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Not an expert on the R11 but I do know I have seen @stickboy274 recommend a higher pressure on the front. If I recall correctly he was saying 34F off the warmers.

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Your ambition outweighed your talent? Looks like you went in with too much lean angle and/or speed and tried to correct by rolling off just a little bit? It looks from the video that you were about 5mph faster at that point and you went in a little deeper trying to pass that guy than your previous corner entries. You can see the right bar jerk to the right just as you're losing the front.

5. badmoon692008

I thought I remembered him mentioning higher pressures as well... Was planning on trying to find where those were brought up. It being under 60 degrees I thought those might be out the window and just listened to what was suggested.

6. badmoon692008

I mean... it makes sense that the video would end shortly after the crash... No point looking at the sky hearing bikes go around for 15 min after...

7. -Eric-

-Eric- Well-Known Member

There are a ton of bumps all over there. Not sure if that had an effect or not

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Talk to stickboy for sure

9. badmoon692008

I did have someone at the track mention that there was a bump right around that area... I was well inside of my normal line trying to duck under the guy I was passing so there may well have been one there I didn't know about.

Shenanigans likes this.
  10. duc995

duc995 Yep…

Tar strips?

11. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

I don't think that video can capture minute mistakes that cause us to crash. IMO you can never blame the tire or bike (unless it's a failure or some kind) since they don't actually do anything. Also video can't describe feeling and the amount of variables is endless.

K51000 likes this.
  12. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Tbh I thought I was gonna watch you crash in the first 3 seconds :crackup:

Odilup likes this.
  13. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

looks like u were trying to carry more pace on a tighter line compared to previous laps. if u were loading the front w/ braking, maybe it would have held.

I also doubt that u are getting all that much heat into the front tire. the track doesn't seem to have a lot of hard braking and u don't trail brake deep enough.

your inputs are abrupt and jerky - brake applicable, bar inputs, throttle application, nearly all of them. please work on that.

JJJerry likes this.
  14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Came here asking for advice. LOL

track wagon and fastedyamaha like this.
  15. JW88

JW88 Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm the guy you were trying to pass here. Had a couple thoughts...

That section of the track is definitely bumpy. I inadvertently found a bump around the apex of 8 and almost crashed a few laps before this, which is why I was entering so wide.

I was also on R11's, I ran 29 F and 22 R. Wanted to ask if there's anyway you could post a video with the views switched? (Rear facing camera as the main view)

Anyway hope your next race weekend goes better!

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. 418

418 Expert #59

That whole vid looks like you're turning in too early. I don't know the track,so take that with a grain of salt but it looked like you turn in real early and then ask the front to do a whole lot of extra work trying to turn and scrub speed. Delay your turn in, flick the bike in and get back on the gas ASAP.

twin ty and TurboBlew like this.
  17. badmoon692008

Was gonna try to track you down... Glad it didn't end up worse for you, and thanks for not running me over... :crackup:I can post it with the views switched for sure... You want the whole thing or just the crash?

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

29 in the front seems low.

19. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Looks to me like ran out of talent:)

20. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Savage

track wagon likes this.