1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tekka v/s Dyno

Discussion in 'Tech' started by tazrider, Mar 5, 2010.

1. tazrider

tazrider Greenwood Racing Wera 71

Can someone tell me what advatage you will get from tuning with the Tekka box v/s dyno thru PC or Bazzaz?What's best? why?

2. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

Good question.

The new auto tune features are not an option with the Tekla outside of that you got me.

I know the EM pro has way more adjustabilty but guess that is out of scope in this thread.

3. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

I asked HFD1 this same question.

Advantage, no external boxes or extra wiring. Ok for a street bike.

Disadvantages, can only tune in a few ranges (I think 3 was what I was told). You can get it better than stock but not perfect at all rpm's and throttle positions throughout the range. He highly recommended a fully tunable box.

4. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

I had mine retuned with a Teka box, it can adjust anything at any rpm. My dyno guy has one so I don't have to buy a Dyno jet etc, he just tuned it once and its done.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

◦Designed to tune typical "pipe, air filter, stacks, ignition advancer" bikes. Engine modified bikes, or bikes with "the secondaries removed" will develop "mixture humps" that may require a "mappable" device.

The Teka box is good device but remember it is working within the contraints of the stock ECU. It covers a lot of ground but can't do it all. It does however keep you from installing yet more wiring and another electronic device on the bike that could create a point of failure.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010