1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech Geeks.... Ticketing software???

Discussion in 'General' started by packfan, Nov 20, 2008.

1. packfan

packfan El Presidente

Any one work in a small support shop and have a ticketing system they use and like?

We don't want SAP (right Sig?) or some the the expensive stuff. We have been using one of the online services but it is so limited in ticket/email routing.

Most of our cases are opened via email and we want email routing to be automated (attaching info to the Case) once a case number is assigned. We run Exchange and MS SQL (like it or not that is what we have).

ReadyDesk has been suggested, anyone have experience with it? I hate to be a skeptic but it is only 199 bucks and has all of what we want (exchange and SQL integration, web portal for customers).

Anyone?

2. Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell Hoping to pass tech

We use GLPI for our help desk people.

http://glpi-project.org/?lang=en

It's free but most of the documentation is in French which doesn't help. You can customize it somewhat if you have someone who knows some PERL or PHP.

3. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

4. Peter.BoyWonder

Peter.BoyWonder I can't afford this shit.

Bug trackers and stuff.

I develop software for a living and we use two systems at our shop. All of our development efforts use TFS to track bugs, assign work items, handle version/source control, keep track of design/spec documents, and really any other stuff needed to manage a properly working development team. It is really awesome because it has MSSQl as its data store and integrates with the development IDE seamlessly. I LOVE TFS.

Our help desk guys use something called Track-It.
    http://www.numarasoftware.com/track-it.asp
    I haven't used it extensively so I don't really have an opinion. I think that We decided to use it because our shop did not need some of the other overblown features that some of the other vendors gave us......I must admit though that I hate when I get a ticket.