1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Promotion

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by robfromc, May 1, 2009.

1. robfromc

robfromc nice member

Anyone have any info on them? Or more specifically the trackday held at Carolina Motorsports May8-9? It was on their site (team promotion), but now its not listed. Carolina Motorsports still lists it on their calender.

They listed it as a level1 class, which would be perfect for my wife, and I havent done a trackday in 4 years.

Ive emailed them and called, no answer either way..havent called Carolina yet.

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

It was cancelled due to lack of interest.

3. bardrcr360

bardrcr360 Active Member

yep event was canceled, more coaches were signed up for the event than members

4. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

Yeah sorry it was canceled not enough interest.

5. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

I heard it was canceled due to lack of interest. :p

6. Zakath

Zakath Well-Known Member

Well if this guys says so, it has to be false.

:Poke:

7. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

I was interested :mad:

8. robfromc

robfromc nice member

Dam! That blows! I just found out about it:rolleyes:

Any one know of anything close coming up or even the same weekend? We're in augusta, ga not looking to drive 6hrs.

T.I.A!:beer:

9. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

Nothin much near you...

05/08/09 Barber (Birmingham, AL) Sportbike Tracktime $425
    Notes: Special Two Day Event 5/8 and 5/9
    05/08/09 NJMP Lightening (Millville, NJ) Absolute Cycle $205
    05/09/09 Barber (Birmingham, AL) Sportbike Tracktime
    Notes: Special Two Day Event 5/8 and 5/9
    05/09/09 Heartland (Topeka, KS) NESBA $155
    05/09/09 NJMP Lightening (Millville, NJ) Absolute Cycle $215

10. robfromc

robfromc nice member

thanks!

it all is kinda far:Puke:

11. Country_boy_88

Country_boy_88 Well-Known Member

Damn i knew like 4 or 5 local guys wanting to go and they couldnt even get ahold of anyone to voice their interest

12. Gmaniac

Gmaniac Well-Known Member

Interest here, tried to call too and couldn't get a hold of anyone.

13. javyday

I might drive down to Jennings instead.

14. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

As with most track day orgs, the people in charge are on the road a lot during the season.

Just look at it practically for a moment. You are looking at about 140-150 people per day. How could the organizers take phone calls, emails and text messages from that many people per day and still function? Answer: they can't.

To show your interest, sign up on the website for the event. As they say, talk is cheap. If the event is cancelled, those who are signed up will be contacted and properly notified. The "I may be interested if it doesn't rain and if x, y and z happen" crowd will probably get left out of the loop.

This doesn't apply to just TPM but to all TD organizations. None of them are so profitable that they can have a big staff to handle phone calls.

15. luckz88

luckz88 Member

I was signed up but they called me and told me it was cancelled and they where refunding my money. There was a total of 15 of us signed up for the trackday.

16. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Like I posted above, they contact the people who are actually signed up.

If there were 75 people who were thinking about going, but did not sign up, guess what? No track day.

The track rental is too expensive for the promoters to be able to wait and hope that the long-range weather forecast is good, and people walk in.

17. javyday

I was signed up too. 15 people would be a lot of open track!:clap:

18. robfromc

robfromc nice member

I sent emails and called, but got no response. I totally can understand being busy...but someone at somepoint has to get the emails at least. It would have been 2 more riders sighned up, possibly a 3rd. But its ok. Its also mothersday weekend. :up:

19. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

FYI.......Sportbike Track Time has a call center that is open M-F 9AM-4:30PM.

20. kickbx_22

kickbx_22 Well-Known Member

good group of guys. went to summit point with them.