1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Orders..

Discussion in 'General' started by lee955i, Sep 16, 2007.

1. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

I took great interest in Shaheen spouting the fact that the Attatck guys were not supposed to get in the way or race with the factory boys. Even though Rapp looked faster than both of them in the second leg. I call BS. If you're not fast enough to pass someone, they shouldn't pull over for you or not pass you. Race hard, clean, and to win. That seems to be lost on the boys from big K this year...Your thoughts, all:D .
    Cheers, Lee S.

2. paperclip

paperclip D'oh!

I remember a huge discussion about that around here a while back. If you can't win on your own, then it's not yours in my book. He would have lost the championship to Hacker if Rapp was allowed to pass.

3. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

You are a Goddamn genius Gump. You will be a General someday.

Kawi ad: Josh Hayes won the Championship, because our Kawi rider (Steve who? Rapp) was faster on a given day than the guys that didn't want to fall down. Buy our bikes because we don't race for champioships, we race for principal and to go out of business.

4. paperclip

paperclip D'oh!

The funny thing is that it was on this board that people criticized Honda for NOT having orders when Nicky was winning the championship.

I don't care either way, but Josh wasn't even in contention, so teh championship was Kawis anywayz.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

From Kawis point of view to not do it would be stupid - especially if Josh were still in the hunt and not on the ground. I personally don't like them but if it were my call in that situation - hell yes I'd give em if it meant my company winning the number 1 plate.

6. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

But, they were gonna win it anyways... I know team orders exist, but as a corporate strategist, I sure as hell wouldn't let old Ralphie know so he could broadcast it. Leaves a bad taste, really. Especially as RL really looked "off" today.
    Cheers, Lee S.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not if they finished back far enough and Hayes won - it's never a sure thing til the last bike crosses the checker and even then shit can go wrong. It's the team managements job to win championships, orders are a part of doing that job as much as they suck for everyone involved including the people giving them. I can't stress enough how important the number 1 plates are to these companies.

8. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Well WTF? We might agree on something. When the ''orders'' were given, Josh was still racing. What was supposed to happen? Okay, red flag. Josh is out. Free for all.

Hey Paperclit, you mentioned N Hayden's incident with no team orders. What did you think of that?
    The only thing factorys hire racers for is to get the #1 plate. Anything less is useless including Paperclit's morals.

9. paperclip

paperclip D'oh!

I didn't think anything of it. I found it funny how the same discussion is happening again, over team orders.
    As per my morals. Well, they have nothing to do with it.

10. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Okay, so you don't have any morals. Neither do I.
    So let me get this straight, you are just pointing out past events and reporting what you saw? Then get a job at a news station. I want to read what RRW has to say about team orders, Ricky Martin's bonzai move and my missing September issue.

11. not an excuse....BUT i think that is what prompted Cardenas to attempt the bonzai pass. you can see RL was off the pace, and Rapp itching to make the pass. the plan almost f$%%^ everything up for RL

12. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

I'm not arguing or being smartass. Who was Rapp trying to pass? I don't have Tivo so I don't know where everyone was.

13. vasiliy

vasiliy Squid Enthusiast

team orders is a "legit" way of slipping cash... fixing races...

then what about factory teams vs privateers?

but then if you argue down those lines... you'd have fucking nascar... same shit everywhere...

14. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Remind me to never be on some of your teams in any capacity.

15. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

With Josh out, could any bike other then a Kawasaki have won the championship? If not, then I think team orders were probably out the window when Josh went down. Aside from the don't take each other out team order.

Oh, and if Sheehoohawhateverhisnameis said "marker" instead of "point" one more time, I swear I was going to throw a chair through my tv.

16. Rapp was following RL, but would not pass him......seemed like he had a better pace, but due to team orders, did not.....

17. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Don't jump on Ralphie. If I recall correctly, Greg White was the first to mention that there were team orders, followed by Fat Freddie. Ralph was just following suit!

18. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

Isn't team orders kinda against the rule (don't have the FRB in front of me) pretty damn close to fixing the outcome? I wish someone would protest that. RLH was off pace and his teammate was all over his ass like a prom date wanting to pass and this started to hold up the other riders..... I would have loved to see Kawi dump a rider for making to the podium....

19. paperclip

paperclip D'oh!

Rapp was all up RL ass and more than once showed teh wheel to then had to slow down and ruin his own rythm. Therefore everyone behind couldn't get in a rythm. I would have tried teh same damn move that cardenas did, maybe not there, but would have done it regardless

20. paperclip

paperclip D'oh!

Based on what I saw, the team orders were still on. RL was really off the pace on the second half of the race.