1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Atomic Looks Like an Idiot...Again

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Slider82, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

2. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

France sure has stepped up to the plate on this. 136K...man what a bunch of generous folks.;)

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

you wouldn't be able to afford it either if you were running a welfare state.:Poke: :D

4. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

They could hold a bake sale. Or, maybe raffle off a razor.:D

5. Slider82

Asked about a U.N. official who accused Western nations of being "stingy" with humanitarian aid, Bush responded that the United States is a very generous, kind-hearted nation, and the response that is emerging from the government as well as individuals is indicative of its nature.

"I felt like the person who made that statement was very misguided and ill informed. Take, for example, in the year 2004, our government provided $2.4 billion in food, in cash, in humanitarian relief to cover the disasters for last year. That's $2.4 billion. That's 40 percent of all the relief aid given in the world last year," he said.

6. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

They should be able to send plenty of soap and lots of unused military items as well.

7. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

HEADLINE:

ATOMIC EATS CROW

:D

8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I'm bidding $200 on that Eiffel Tower thing....

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Doesn’t matter to Atomic. Facts mean nothing.

I will ad that why is it that a certain group of people feel that they are righteous in the act of spending other peoples money?

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

I'll go $250 but they have to throw in shipping and handling.

11. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I see how you are. Just outbid me.:mad:

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, have you seen the price of steel lately? Scap metal is off the charts. :D

13. Slider82

Yeah, but with all the money the French save on soap and deodorant you would think they could pony up a few bucks. :D

14. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Their tanks *were* used, but only in reverse...... :p

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You'd think he'd use some of that 'food for oil' scam money for such a sad cause. :D

Atomic couldnt you come up with something better? :rolleyes:

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Reminds me of an old joke.

Why did they build the Eiffel Tower?

So they could put a red light on the top so planes won't hit it.

17. In Your Corner

According to this article, "The usual U.S. contribution in major disasters is 25 percent to 33 percent of total international aid, according to Brian Atwood, former director of the U.S. Agency for International Development in the Clinton administration. So far, the U.S. contribution is 13 percent of the $270 million in international aid that the U.N. said Wednesday has been pledged since the tsunamis struck.

Spain has pledged $68 million, Japan $30 million, Britain $29 million, Germany $27 million, Australia $27.6 million, France $20.5 million, and Denmark $15.5 million, the U.N. reported."

Why do I not believe that Spain will actually come up with $68 million?

The best part of the article, however, is this:
    President Bush said Wednesday that the United States was forming a coalition with Japan, India and Australia to coordinate a massive relief effort for the devastated Indian Ocean region.

The formation of the coalition suggested that the Bush administration thought it would be a more efficient way of distributing aid than relying on the United Nations, which usually takes the leading role in major international humanitarian operations.

Bush snubs the United Nations.
    Nice.:beer:

18. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

I read something yesterday that the amount of aid provided in the last year by the Bush administration made up 40% of the world's aid.

The one good thing that might come from all this BS is that it looks like the US is blowing off the UN, giving them a nice "bitch slap".

19. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

I could have sworn I saw relief workers loading sacks of food into the trunk of Kofi's car last night on the news.

Where you been sportbikeluvr?

20. In Your Corner

Some pertinent facts and numbers about US aid in this commentary.

It's time for the US to withdraw from the UN.