1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tax Fraud Call

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Trunxgp1224, May 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

I got a call from those tax fraud people telling me I'm going to jail and I need to call them back before I go to jail or this gets brought before the federal magistrate. I need ideas on how to mess with these guys when they call back, go:

2. Trunxgp1224

Also, is gixxer still a thing?

3. Trunxgp1224

Guess it is...

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Respond in pig english

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Screw waiting for a callback, take pre-emptive action and post their callback # on craigslist M4M missed connections.

But when they do call back, pretend to be a phone sex chatline.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Tell them you work for Microsoft, you've determined that their computer has a virus, and you're going to need remote access to their computer to fix it.
    Also, you have their winnings from the Irish Lottery and they can have the $3 million they won if they just send you $85,000 to cover the taxes.

Murcielago311 and badmoon692008 like this.
  7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

If for some strange reason I answer a call where I don't recognize the number first and get one of these, I calmly ask for the court, docket # and date.

They usually hang up.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

Great time waster. They had to listen to my dogs snore before

9. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I wasted about an hour of their time once. The "you bought prescription drugs with us before" peeps. I was driving and had nothing better to do. Hey, that means a bunch of people didn't get pissed off ith em while I was tying him up.

10. Trunxgp1224

Well I called them back and they said all of my taxes from 2011-2016 had issues and I didn't pay enough. They sent me a letter in Jan 2015 and the tracking number shows I got it. They went on about being arrested and asked why I never responded to the letter. When I told them I never got it they came back again with the tracking thing so I asked for the number, I was put on hold and then given a n 8 digit number. After saying the usps website says it's invalid he came back telling me I don't understand the language and I'm going to be arrested, he didn't want to help me and casually kept telling me to hang up.

419-219-9026

How do they get my cell phone and name though? I google my phone number often to make sure it doesn't show up and the phone isn't actually in my name.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Send me your number and full name, DOB and mother's maiden name and I'll let you know how they found it. ;)

12. blake

blake Well-Known Member

Someone probably hacked a company that has your name and number stored in a database.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

13. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

419!?!? They're calling you from my hood!

14. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Ever bought anything online or signed up for Facebook or provided a phone number to a bank or something? Chances are they bought it or stole it from a marketing database. Unless you've never been online, ever, someone has your info. More than likely, it has been pieced together from various online sources.

I just got Titans season tickets, and as part of the ID verification process, you go through this system that asks you sort of personal questions. The system, which I've never used before knew that I had been in the military, knew the last two vehicles I had driven, and knew a place that I'd worked almost 20 years ago (before the internet was even accessible by everyone).

15. Trunxgp1224

Ahhh, makes sense. Oh well, I'm not concerned, I get plenty of spam calls on the phone this is just the first that connected my name to the phone.

16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Not that it will help a ton with scammers, but get on the national do-not-call list if you're not already. It does help, just not 100%.

17. Trunxgp1224

I am

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Seems like the do not call list has developed a lot of loopholes. At least it isn't as effective as it once was.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

These people used to make my day. The Microsoft people, the tax people, the extended warranty people. . . I can waste their time like a mother f@ck and make them regret getting my number. :D

In Your Corner likes this.
  20. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I got texts about a Welder I had for sale. Is there a way to screen capture a text thread?