1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tardholio....about that first hour gap you were predicting...

Discussion in 'General' started by aod99, Apr 23, 2002.

1. aod99

aod99 Administrator

Tom,

Before the race you were predicting that Lee Acree (Sagrada Familia) was going to be ten to twenty seconds ahead of Mark Crozier (Army Of Darkness) at the end of the first hour.

Would you care to revise and amplify on that previous statement? Was it about the one hour mark when Crozier actually lapped Acree?

;>

Ribbing aside, you have my condolences for the crash related retirement. You guys need anything before Putnam?

Sam

2. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

They didn't retire. They took the B bike out (Tom's) and finished 4th in class. :)

3. aod99

aod99 Administrator

That is why you are the reporter and I write features.

Are you going to grab Laura for Putnam?

4. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

In all fairness to Lee, he kick Crosier butt on Sunday.:p

Lee was really helpful in pointing out the bike's initial problems "lack of ride height, won't finish a turn, etc." He was also nice enough NOT to point out its later flaws such as lack of subframe, no rear wheel, etc.

Thanks for the sympathy. The A bike will be out of commission until Roebling. We're promoting the B & C bikes. Fortunately none of the endurance items were hurt with the exception of the bent rear axle which is the easiest part to have modified.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2002
  5. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Grab her where? :eek: ;)

6. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

Anywhere would be fine by me. What was it you were saying about Melissa TIW??

7. aod99

aod99 Administrator

I don't think I would characterize two to four places as exactly "kicking his butt" but that is probably why you are not a reporter or a feature writer.

And I am just messing with you because I am talking tough while hiding behind my fast teammates.

We do not have a huge spares pile but if you can't find parts before next week let me know if you need something.

8. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

Yeah, I was going by distance on the track. Once Lee got on a good bike (his own) he was able to take off. Watching him ride our bike has to rank near the top of the coolest things I've ever seen.

I was going to tell Tom to say something about you not turning a wheel in the race. What's up with that?

Thanks again for the help. We should have everything we need but I'll let you know otherwise.

We should have checked with Sean before restarting on the B bike. We ended up turning 2 more laps on the A bike but at least we got to ride, although it about heat stroked Tom and I. We're learning a little bit at a time.

9. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Hey AOD,
    How did you get that eel below your user name?

10. aod99

aod99 Administrator

Discretion was the better part of valor.

I needed to drop 1 more second a lap from my practice times in order to be absolutely sure that there was no way that anyone on the Vesrah MWSB team could catch us in the last eighty minutes. Although, historically, I have usually been able to do that, I had spent most of the race doing pit stuff.

I threw Jim back on to take the last seventy minutes to make sure we put the win in the books. In hindsight, Brian Stokes was not going nearly fast enough to have actually caught up and the premature end of the race would have sealed it but I tried to think like a Team Captain instead of a Rider.

That sort of thing.

Vesrah obviously has a great team of riders and crew and great equipment so we are going have to do everything we can do to get every single point we can.

Vesrah will most likely still win the championship (Mark does this full time afterall) but we want to try to make it interesting for them.

Did you see how fast Darryl was riding? First time back on a race bike since the 24 hour crash and was turning 21s. Eeek.

11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Re: Re: Tardholio....about that first hour gap you were predicting...

It's called an avatar. Go to the User Control Panel, then Edit Options, and the configuration options for it are at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for making me do mine. :)

12. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

Re: Re: Tardholio....about that first hour gap you were predicting...

Eel?

I thought that was a DMV photo! :confused:

hehehehehe

I kill me!:D :D

13. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

I personally enjoyed watch Mike and Tray duke it out Mano y Mano in the first hour.

Our A bike was not setup right but Lee turned a lot of low 22s for the first hour and a half. The best I managed on the B bike was a 23.6 but it was handling much better and is easier to throw around. By the end of my stint I was back up to 26s trying to see through the sweat and remember what track I was at.

Tom and I are petitioning to go expert so we can come and play with you guys in practice. I'm sure we'll still be slower but it'll be nice to have some idea of the pace before the race actually starts.

14. aod99

aod99 Administrator

Oh yeah.

Watching Smith leave those black lines into and out of the corner made me wonder how long the tires were going to last.

about 50 minutes was the answer.

The really nutty thing is that Tray was turning the same times but stayed out a good twenty minutes longer.

Batey is the man.

15. Mark91ex

Mark91ex Leg-Over!

Hey wait a minute!!

First
    I would like to say it was a real suprise when I came up behind Lee and was able to go by the ay I did. I know he was not on his own bike which he rode on Sunday.

Second
    On Sunday Lee did indeed out run me but only by 2 positions in one class which I ran times very close to Harwell and Acree. In the other class I started several rows behind Lee and moved through the pack to finish a few positions behind Lee.

Third
    I don't care what people say or think, In my book Lee is still the man and if the time come again that I am able to run close or pass him in the future I will do so and brag about it for a while.

Last but not least, Lee and other Experts are a pleasure to race with and watch. Because every weekend I do I learn more and more.

16. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Well since I've been slammed at work and Richard already covered my response, I'll summarize. You didn't ride, you suck, blah blah blah. :D

Why do you think I didn't make that bet with you on pit lane during the riders meeting? :eek: Even though we're relatively new at this endurance thing, I know anything is possible especially in a 6-hour race so I just wanted to gloat a little and not take it any further. ;)

Thanks for the kind words of sympathy and the offer for help. We'll be back at Putnam for sure and with any luck we won't be getting lapped by that madman Crozier. He was absolutely flying at NFMP! Good on him as he's really stepped up his game this year. Even though the dirty bastid did stuff the hell out of me in turn 11 when I went out on the B bike. :rolleyes: He must have thought I was Lee and he was getting to lap him again. :cool:

But I digress. Back to back meetings are calling me so I'll harass you more later when I get my head above water.......

17. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

Mark after watching you ride this weekend
    and in the endurance (sorry for the off track ;) )
    YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!

Ricky

18. Trickle X

Trickle X Instagram-regalmetalworks

I didnt ride either, so I guess I suck, but Ricky did, & U R the MAN. C not only did Ricky step up to the plate & start the race, He also was the only team member besides myself that did not crash, but again, I did not ride.

:cool:

I have some making up to do at Putnam. Make sure you stop over Ricky, & throw a leg over a 1k. Hopefully both with b up and running, if not at least one will b frankisteined...

19. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

cole you and the cycle therapy team were great
    for letting me Ride
    how is the bike coming along
    all that sand what a mess:eek:
    we will see you guys at putnum

Last edited: Apr 25, 2002