1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tankslapper in Nov. 600 SB race on Sunday

Discussion in 'General' started by Shannon Huffman, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

I don't know who the guy was but I was following him out of turn 5 in the 600 Superbike Novice race on Sunday. I think he pulled a small wheelie and when he sat it down he started the most violent tankslapper I've ever seen. I don't think he got it under control until the brake markers for turn 6 but he did actually save it. Just wondering if anyone else saw it besides me and if the guy had to clean out his leathers when he got back to the pits. Heck he may have passed me back, I don't know. I was too busy trying to avoid a collision to catch his number. I hope I wasn't the only one who got to witness that wild ride.

2. Faynisha

Faynisha Well-Known Member

Shannon,
    Don't know if it was the same one, but the corner workers at 5 told me and I believe it was Greg Moore. They said he finally just let go of the handle bars and the bike straightened up and he kept on going.
    Also, thanks for the donation to the corner workers.

Faynisha

3. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

thanks

hey shannon wanted to thank you for the ear plugs they worked great and actually helped calm me down. the engine sounded so weird with them in but still worked well thanks.

4. Shannon Huffman

No Problem !

Glad I could be of some use ! Glad the drill worked out too. Now, I want to know how you've got 117 hp in that thing !

5. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Could have been me, I had several near moments coming out of T5 cresting the hill. Bike never acted like that before not real sure about why it was only doing it there. I did have serious setup problems going into that race due to me not spending any time on setup before the race. :rolleyes: sunday I finally got my act together to go racing.....

May have not been me on second thought I never let go of the bars:eek:

wasn't the 600SB race on staurday ??:confused:

6. Shannon Huffman

Must not have been you .... the one I'm talking about was on Sunday. Let me tell you, It was VIOLENT ! :eek: I don't know how the guy saved it.

7. jarcoco

jarcoco shimmy shimmy coco puff

i think you're talking about me, shannon. #518, blue f4i. diego rojas was right behind you at the time. he saw it too cause he came over to my pits after the race and we had a few laughs about it. how bout my brakes didn't work going into t6. i had to pump them a couple of times.

8. Shannon Huffman

It was definitely a sight to see ! And yes, you did pass me back ! :D

9. GREG#22

GREG#22 Well-Known Member

damn coco why did'nt you tell me about that it sounds like lots of fun:p i also let go of the bars this weekend but it was not because of a tankslapper it was because i was gettin pimp slapped by the ground:eek:

10. TOMMY C #710

TOMMY C #710 Member

I could of used you doing some of that in the superstock race:p I'm the fat guy you passed back on the last lap in turn10 (red and white f4i #710) man i was pissed:mad: great racing with you.

11. Handicapped Racer

Re: No Problem !

oh it's got a lil more than a 117hp :D if you hadn't heard

trust me on that!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

12. Handicapped Racer

Re: No Problem !

down load this "run viewer" and then open the file

http://www.dynojet.com/downloads.shtml

it wont let me attatch it so send me your e-mail address so you can see it

13. jarcoco

jarcoco shimmy shimmy coco puff

i remember, that was fun. good stuff.

14. BAMA

BAMA Well-Known Member

pimp slapped:D

15. DAN193

DAN193 Well-Known Member

It looked more like bitch slapped to us on the wall. That cheese grate you slid over in the grass didn't take any ass off ya, did it?

16. BAMA

BAMA Well-Known Member

He's talking about the Hi-side not the slide down the straight:eek: , you know the one where he lost the palms of his gloves.

--and by the way, does a b*^% slap harder than a pimp:confused:

17. DAN193

DAN193 Well-Known Member

Most of the time!:eek: Did you guys do the ceremonial peeling of the yellow plates? Kind of brings a tear to my eye.