1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tally?

Discussion in 'General' started by alpinestars260, Jan 17, 2005.

1. alpinestars260

alpinestars260 supermoto Member

for those of you who are staying at a hotel for the Feb race what hotels do you recommend to stay at?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's easy - The host hotel for Talladega this year is still the Hampton Inn in Anniston. They are offering the rate of $55.00 per nite which does include the continental breakfast. Make sure to let them know you are with WERA to receive the discount.
    Phone # 256-835-1492.

3. alpinestars260

alpinestars260 supermoto Member

awesome thanks!:D

4. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

one of the better hotels we stay at i might add. the breakfast is pretty good, and pretty good restaurants nearby.

i want to know who'll be camping out the weekend of the first race? brrrrrrrr......:eek:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Me! Not that you can actually call it camping :D But I got the genset fixed, gonna fill up propane again tonight and we'll be set.

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Hey Sean IF there was this "OldGuy" that wanted to race Clubman on his GS500, could it happen at T'Dega??
    and if so What would he have to do to get in on it??:D :D

I couldn't rmemeber all the hoops he would have to jump thru....

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  7. smooth

smooth Well-Known Member

If I can make down there, I'll be camping. Or, sleeping in my trailer, curled up with my bike at the least.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He'd have to buy a license and race if I remember correctly.

9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Isn't there some sort of schooling??? or classes first??:confused:

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Whe is the race day schedule going to be posted?

11. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

If he doesn't have a current racing license from a group WERA recognizes, yes on school
    about a week or less before the event

12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Nope no license, has been to busy with his kid racing, but would like to give it a try.:p

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought he did a Bargy school, if not then either Bargy on Friday or ours on Saturday (knowing the perosn in question ours will be sufficient).

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Schedule sometime this week, rulebook went to the printer today, got an add for RRW, new originals for a couple of forms that need to go to the printer, then the discount cards for the champs then the schedule.

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

He did the 2 dayz at Jennings with the kid and Mike F. and Dreb insted.........:(
    T"Dega should be safe enough for his slowass.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What a goober. Oh well - he has to go get him some schoolin then. :Poke:

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Kin he atleast use the kids transponder too???
    Hey it was funnn--n-edukational too........:)

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If the kid isn't racing that weekend - maybe, I'll have to talk to the girls and see. Have him talk to me at the track.

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I guess he could just rent one since I don't see this becoming a frequent thing.....yet.;)
    Thanks Sean.

20. Drew 913

Drew 913 Well-Known Member

Anyone staying around 'Tally Sunday evening to watch the superbowl?