1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talladega Tire Compound

Discussion in 'General' started by hatman, Sep 16, 2002.

1. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

Haven't run Tally on a big bike since they repaved a few years back. I run Bridgestone slicks softs on my TZ 250, but wondering what rear compound B/S slick to run on my Ducati 748? Couple of practice sessions each morning, and two 10-lap sprints both Saturday and Sunday. I usually run a soft rear at places like Grattan, Mid-Ohio, and a medium at Carolina, Putnam.

TIA

Mark Hatten
    WoundedDuc.com -- Used Ducati parts online
    www.woundedduc.com

2. MotoMadman

MotoMadman Mr. Moto Riding

Check with Stickboy about temps, but if you want one set to run all that, use the YCY. If you have money for a couple sets, use YCX so you can drive harder.

3. JurgenW

JurgenW Well-Known Member

run a YCY with 29psi pressure - the new YCY covers more temp ranges ...

4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

call me and we can talk about what you need. i will be glad to help

803-413-0721

5. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Well-Known Member

But Stick, he's a Bare Bones guy :D

6. stickboy274

thats funny. sorry i'll be quiet

7. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Well-Known Member

Oops, sorry Mark!

Come on Stick be nice and give the guy the goods on TGPR compounds :) Otherwise he'll be forced to tell everyone about my little mistake at CMP during Saturday's Sound-of-Thunder race in May.

bb

8. stickboy274

the number still works. i will be leaving to go to vir in about 1 hour. i will be driving for a while

9. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

Actually, I'm on Bridgestone's "contracted racer" program (which basically gives them the right to kill my first born if I'm ever seen on any tires without BS logos), so I buy my tires directly from Indy (rather than choosing from amongst the scores of vendors at the typical AHRMA race). Unfortunately, they only have the one guy there -- Brad -- who knows squat about MC tires, and his experience is usually at AMA tracks.

Thanks for the info.

10. stickboy274

you can call if you need any help. i'm usually around.