1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talladega roll call/schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by zx666r, Jan 3, 2010.

1. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

You won't be chasing Stroud unless your on a 250 :D

2. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

or a 650 ;)

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

At this point I'm going with E-SS only. I helped start the class, so I need to support it.

4. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Understood my friend. Well, it'll be good to see you out there regardless.

Guess I'll be doing LWTSS for the first time evah.

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Hello all. My 9 year old son and I are considering racing minis at Talladega. Anyone else riding the mini classes? What to expect or advice? We have not raced with wera before but after looking at the rulebook I think we are good on bikes and gear.

6. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I know of several that will be there next month trying out there new minis. WERA is very mini friendly with license, entry fees, and transponder rentals. I think Tally is a great "first time" track for both rider and parents. Tdub

7. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

You have Kenny to snuggle wit tho...

Another way to say it!

Ditto! Your bike all set???

Me too Bro if the SV is ready. Gettin close and I haven't heard from Charlie yet. Might just have to run the EX in LWT! I could at least be the proverbial knat on yo arse.
    Got my rains ready to hook up!!!
    :beer:

8. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Looks like the C Expert classes will be interesting to watch. There will be Young Guns and ex-RB Rookies attending, including Jake Lewis, Garrett Gerloff, Hayden Gillim, and Frankie Lee Gillim. Jake and Garrett battled down to the wire last season in the GP classes, and now have moved up to 600s. The mini class looks to be getting some new blood this year as well. Tdub

9. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

I remember that little kid giving me fits during trackdays....... I can't wait to see him on a 600:beer:

10. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

C'mon up Sean. Chris and I will be there in his RV, should be fun.

11. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Looking better. Bringing the R1 out for sure and likely a couple of superbike SV's. Bringing a few new to WERA guys as well should be fun.

12. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

It will be good to see you back in the SE, Ben!

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

any word on the schedule?? I assume pretty close to last year?

14. bbolton

bbolton Well-Known Member

any news on the race schedule?

15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

My first time at Tally, Hotel suggestions??? Is under $70 possible without having to de-lice when I get home.. something easy to find at 2am would be a plus

I did a search but it seems a lot of them have changed names etc

Thanks

16. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

when I raced, I usually stayed at the Econo Lodge in Oxford, there are other motels at that exit and I can't remember all the names, sorry

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I copied this from a post in the Fontana thread, but it is probably more appropriate here.

Hey Britt,

Softer Asphalt...That's a good selling point. I'm actually doing the somewhat unthinkable. I'm sending my son away for a race without me or my wife being there. It will be his first time flying on an airplane by himself. He is going to check out the east coast scene at Taladega. He will feel like a pro, flying into the race with only his gearbag.

There are a lot of people I would like to meet out there from this board, but it is enough of a stretch on the budget to send him and rent a bike, so I can't make it.

His name is Tyler Linders and if any of you see him please go up and say Hi. He is number 48, but I'm not sure what number he will have there. The Gerloff's are kind enough to rent me a bike and offer tuning help, and Jon Boucher from NextMotoChampion.com is picking him up at the airport and driving him to the track.

Britt, Tryce, the Gerloff family, Clay, Mookie, Rocky Stargel, and Chip are all people I would like to meet in the southeast. Hopefully, our paths will cross someday.

18. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Rob, we will be there so if Tyler needs any help, we would be glad to assist. There we be plenty of the kids there for him to keep occupied. Tdub

19. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Sorry you can't make it Fuzzy, I'll see you at the next one then

20. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Yeah, let's go Sean! Gonna be fun. :up: