1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talladega Feb. 10-11, 2001

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Tracee Polcin, Feb 12, 2001.

1. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Finally the season is here. Had the fizzer ready since early November. Loaded everything up and was ready to go.

Saturday I leave the house early to try to get a decent spot in the pits. Get to the track without any drama. I found my pit spot and set up. Go over to registration and get my papers. I still don't understand why not alot of people pre-enter, because I strolled right up to the window while alot of people were standing in the post entry line. Get ready for the first practice session. Go out and do practice everything seems to be working well. After practice I just watch some races and then head to the house.

Sunday is a little colder than Saturday was so I decide to skip the first practice session. The second session is a long one and I get in about 16 laps. Normally I would have mounted a new set of tires for my race but there was no Bridgestone vendor at the track. I hear several rumors as to why there isn't one. So I have a set of tires that has at least 75 laps on them for the race. Great!!!

I'm racing D-SBK and that is the 8th race of the day. Finally my race is up. I borrowed some crack fuel for the race to get an edge over my competition. I got pole on the grid and proceded to screw that up by not getting a good launch. It was pretty hairy the first couple laps until everyone got settled in. I was running in 4th behing this guy on a Seca 550 I believe and this dude was insane. I was waiting for him to pitch it as some of his lines were real interesting. I made my move on this guy and made it stick so I was in 3rd now. That crack fuel was working great as the bike seemed to have more snap coming off of the corners and a little extra down the straights. I take the white flag just as I' catching a lapper going into T1. I decided to wait to pass him but the guy behind me thought that there was enough room to pass both of us and he showed me that there was room. I'm now in 4th and running out of time fast if I want to get on the box. I put my head down but there is not enough time to get 3rd palce back. I finish in 4th out of 10 riders not bad but I should have been on the box. I had fun and stayed upright so it was a good weekend. See ya!!!!

2. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

good job tracee!

3. fastbydrmike

fastbydrmike Well-Known Member

yes, nice ride Tracee! Fizzer's are a blast to ride.

4. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad Tracee, that guy who took 3rd was Buff Harsh. He was Wera Vintage V1 & V2 champion in 2000.

5. fluindex#495

fluindex#495 Member

Tracee,

As the Seca 550 pilot, i think you're overestimating me by calling me insane. I think stupid is more accurate, but I'll settle for insane. After i ran off the track on both sides in the last turn on the first lap, I figured I owe all of my fellow D-Super riders a small apology for riding like such an idiot. Anyhow, thanks for a good race, I tried to catch you but that damn crack fuel you "borrowed" was making my eyes water back there.

later,

Paul

6. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Dude, I've got to give it to you, you were all over the place. Actually you scared me everytime you lead me into T1. Good riding though. And I'm sorry for making you eyes water. [​IMG]

7. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

no you not [​IMG]

8. Buckster

Buckster Member

That's great and all, but I wanna know about all the other races. I'm jonesing out here in LA. Can't wait till the PACE(sorry Sean) round coming up at Willow. Anybody coming out for that?

9. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Hey Bucky. I learned this was the Buckster living it up in LA. Arclight will be at Willow. Is this a permanent gig?