1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking a little smack!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Due North, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

2. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Apparently Szoke has problems in the US. Can't cross the boarder to race. Sounds funny to me. He's leaving Canada to race the Suzuka Eight Hour in Japan. No problems there. Guess his dumbshit employer (Corona Suzuki) is not the problem after all.:p

3. reknelb

reknelb U must have Klingon blood

we'll see who's talking smack after the races are over. Is JU at Mosport?

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

With the smack that public enemy number one threw, I'd wager JU is getting fitted for a new set of Valvoline leathers and a set of steele toed ass kickin' boots. :D
    F the crusty class JU, I think you need to run the FUSA race at Mosport. :D:cool:

5. Due North

The employer is responsible for arranging the work visa for the employee. Japan doesn't have the BS protectionist laws that the US does. They're not afraid of foreigners....... :D

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Afraid, like Canada?

During every one of my trips to Toronto, I had to assure the Canadian border guys that I was NOT there to work, just to "supervise" locals. Though I had a 60 pound tool kit full of data comm tools and related gear, I brought it along so that "the locals" could have access, in the event they did not have the proper tools.

They warned me that if I was there to perform actual work, and was not properly documented (as in paying some sort of fee), I could be thrown in jail.

What's the difference?

7. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Your kidding...right?:)

8. Due North

There isn't, that's why there was the big smilie, :D, after my comment. The whole point is, Jordan is not responsible for getting the work visa, because he can't. It has to go through the US employer. That's the only way it can be done.

9. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Szoke's visa is awaiting approval and it seems to be taking a long time to get it. With the AMA Pro racing season almost over why bother now. Adam Fergusson has his seat anyway.;)

10. reknelb

isn't that like assuming the cigarette is not deadly because cigarette companies say they are not?
    "well they said they were going to take care of it, so I assumed it was getting done"
    Bullshit, it's your career, you make sure you have the visa, you make sure the taxes are being paid, etc.
    Personally, I think Jordan and Jordans managaer really pissed away a good opportunity. There are alot of good young riders out there, why would another team consider him in the future.

11. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

Oh shit! Don't get that started over here!! :eek: :D

Agreed on making sure things are being taken care of. On the other hand, he's kicking alot of ass in the Canadian Superbike Championship. That may not be as prestigous as the AMA, but it's still pretty damn good.

12. reknelb

I'm not taking anything away from the guy talent wise, he just kinda dropped the ball. Alot of racers would have loved to be in his position.
    Personally I would like to see a couple more Canadian riders get a shot in the AMA, Frank Trombino being one of them.

13. bazoda

bazoda Member

Nicky and Eric are from the U.S. so Szoke's claims cannot possibly be true. :D

14. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

What?? cigarette!?? Where??? Did someone over here say something about cigarette companies??? are we about to discuss the tobacco industry????

Help, I'm lost, where am I???

15. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

Go back, take a left no wait a right...then go aways and take that left turn at Albuquerque. :D

16. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I think Canadian riders have an advantage up there. Their suspension guys come from a MX background which suits their race tracks. BUMPY as Hell!!:eek:

And don't pick on Canada. When the US needed support after 9/11, Canada was there. They loaned the use of both their tanks.:D

17. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

...by the way, I have noticed that Canadians are defensive little buggers. They always try to put one over the US whenever they can.

Lay off dissin' the US. It's pretty much better than Canada, but why feel angry toward Americans for that, just chill.

I'm off to get a Labatts.:)

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah buddy, America Junior really came through. But now they keep asking for their two septic tanks back, and empty (unlike the way they sent them down). :D

19. mad brad

mad brad Guest

japan had better love us. we didn't have to make them the technology leader of the world after we nuked them. we could have just let them glow.

20. Due North

[banging head against wall]

Jordan CANNOT get a visa to live in Canada and work in the US. INS will not accept his application alone. It is up to his employer to do the paperwork and satisfy all INS requirements. Then and only then can he come to work in the US.

Why is that so hard to understand?:confused: