1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Szarek and Lizards...

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Lizard 1, Jun 4, 2001.

1. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

I am sure David can comment on this, but I felt compelled to say something. We have been friends with Mark Junge and his crew since we came into this series a few years ago and what I have to say is not a bias comment.

Glenn and my teamate got tangled up in practice on Sunday at Putnam. Whatever exactly happened only those two knew. But, from what I assesed was that Glenn bumped Dave and Dave went down. David was on the outside edge of the entrance to Dead Bear and Glenn was on Dave's outside, as well. Anyway, Glenn ran out of track, pulled it in and David was down.

Here's where my comment starts - Glenn acted in a super,super sportsman like way. He came over and talked with Tracy and I and fessed up that he hit David and gave us a full explanation and was very sorry over the whole deal. Now, realize this - it was a racing accident that was the same deal as what J&J and ourselves did at Putnam in the endurance this weekend. On the outside of a slower guy and you start running out of realestate and eventually, you got to turn and that's what Glenn had to do. It was turn or field for Glenn and he was in front of Dave. He didn't chop Dave, he came across and wheels touched. Dude, he was major bummed out and it showed. Afterwards, the bike and David arrived and again, Glenn came over, sat on the trailer with David and they both were talking and in the end, they were both laughing and it all was a very positive deal. When I say they talked, they looked like a couple of school girls gabbing about their hair. Maybe they were...

Anyway, the point is that Glenn and the Vesrah boys are pretty big time stuff and Glenn could have just said sorry or even just blown it off and left David upset and had us questioning what went wrong. He didn't. The guy not only can kicks major ass on a bike, he also can be a kick ass guy off the track. What Glenn did at Putnam by talking to Tracy and I as well as David, was very professional and characteristic of a great rider.

By the way, the whole team is great and even that Mark Junge guy is ok - I guess.

2. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

It's good to hear of such professional behavior. Let's hope it rubs off on the 0.01% of those who need it.

3. aod99

aod99 Administrator

Glenn,

We said no bonus unless Coombs was deactivated for VIR.

Well, we still have plan "Harwell".

4. Scott Harwell

Scott Harwell Well-Known Member

Sam,

This check better not bounce!! [​IMG]

5. hazbin1

hazbin1 Well-Known Member

glenn clipped the brake lever,ever so slightly it made a light scratch across his numbers on his tale section,the scratch rubbed off the 65 bike,not so fortunate on the 8,we are sorry dudes,...

6. lizard 2

lizard 2 Well-Known Member

no need to be sorry thats all part of the
    game as long as dave was ok thats all that
    matters bikes can be fixed