1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swat Team Brutality

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dieselboy, May 6, 2010.

1. Bifferone

Bifferone Well-Known Member

They could have generated more revenue for the police department if all 8 members were out patrolling and writing tickets. Instead, they killed probably a good dog and wounded the other. WTF. :crackhead:

2. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

This reminds me of a story a while back here in pima county. Where the sheriffs swat team raided a house with 2 kids one a teen the other a little younger. Turns out they had the wrong house and while they were busy roughing up these 2 kids. The drug dealers next door calmly loaded up and left. They got the wrong house.

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

That sucks, I bet they took a big hit for it too eh?

4. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Yup big time lawsuit plus the news would not let it go so it stayed in the spotlight for a good amount of time.

5. bipper22

bipper22 Well-Known Member

the drug task force

I had the drug task force at my apt I rent out it was not pretty. I live in duplex and rent out the other half for some extra cash. I rented to a young kid nicked named popcorn,(first mistake). popcorn liked to smoke pot. One day I came home and found all the trash bags had been torn open and scattered across the lawn. not like an animal did it but like some one was looking for some evidence or just cause. About a week later around 8:30 im watching tv and I hear some very loud yelling at the back apt door. Dont you know it it was the task force looking for popcorn. well popcorn was at work and they went to work on the door. as I look out and said "I have the key" my dog ran out and right up to them barking like mad. I ran out and grabbed her with guns drawn and all. By the time I got back out side they had smashed the door 11 times. They broke the frame out of the wall and went threw the house like you see on tv. Shit everywhere cereal boxes emptied on the floor every part of the house was torn upside down. the place was fucking wrecked. I called popcorn and told him what happened by the time he got home the task force was gone. I stopped in to check on the house and what was popcorn doing? Getting high! Popcorn moved out that week with out telling me. I talked to popcorn later on and asked him what they found. About an 1/8 of weed and his bong. the door cost me about 650 to re frame and fix the drywall. Turns out the neighbor called them because of the loud music. He wasn't a big time dealer but he was breaking the law. I don't know what the point was to this story?? Oh the cops didn't kill my dog and I was glad I didn't get shot. And they got some weed off the street.

6. CBR900RAR

CBR900RAR Resident Badass

Okay folks..... I live in Columbia Mo about 5 miles from where this happened. And I know some of the officers involved in the raid(they are credible sources and good policemen)

There are a couple of things that people should consider before they judge these guys. Just some facts.

1. The Swat team was ordered to raid the home, so getting him somewhere else wasn't an option.
    2. The suspect is a known drug dealer and problem in our community.
    3. When an officer deems an animal a threat to their safety or the safety of others, destroying the animal is standard procedure and is in line with their training. It's called collateral damage.
    4. None of us were there. So we don't know what the officers were dealing with in that particular room of the house.
    5. They didn't shoot the dog in front of a child. The child was in a different part of the house.
    6. (and this one I personally know) These guys aren't trigger-happy cowboys. They are decent upstanding law enforcement officers who HATE to pull the trigger on their weapons for any reason.

I'm more concerned with the fact that nobody seems to care about the fact that the suspect is raising his kids in this kind of environment. The Swat team was there for a reason and the small amount of product found is irrelevant.

7. jinook

jinook Well-Known Member

Who does drugs? They found resin in a pipe. Not enough to charge him I believe. Resin in a pipe could hardly be considered a dealer. Hell, not even a social user. Probably get better charges if they looked on his computer for illegal downloads from Limewire or something.

8. jinook

jinook Well-Known Member

What you are assuming is that they were there under 'Good" information. You are also assuming that the father is a criminal of sorts. Neither of these are true according to the information provided. Shooting a gun three times in the presence of a child is not putting the child in danger? Can I babysit your kids for the afternoon for an experiment?

9. jinook

jinook Well-Known Member

1) You are making assumptions....
    2) really nasty dog (in a cage). Corgi is scary too

Just because you wanna be an LEO does not mean you should automatically assume people are guilty and that the LEO are always correct.

10. jinook

jinook Well-Known Member

The facts are leaking out slowly from all angles so we take them with a grain of salt I guess.
    1) Obviously higher ups are dumber than those individual cops. From what is told on other forums is that two informants just ratted this guy out to get off a hook from the LEO. (Truth or not I cannot confirm)
    2)Known problem dealer? With only resin in a pipe? Go to a community college and you will find more in any room. Thats not a problem in the community.
    3)Yes. we all know. Cops are walking into a house with armor and guns but are in fear of their lives from a dog (allegedly in a cage) and a corgi.
    4) None of us were there but most of us can listen to the audio or piece together common sense even to watch how they entered the house and rooms to see that they are inept at their job.
    5) I am sure a shotgun fired in a small home will scare the hell out of a child whether they are in the same room or not. Seeing their dead dog after they leave and feeling the wind whistle through the door frame will probably give that child nightmares for weeks.
    6) Tell your friends that any other LEO can pick apart their formations. entrances into rooms, etc, and that they are all rookies and inept again. Tell your buddies that they suck at aim too since they missed even shooting the dog the first time.

Nobody seems to care about the environment this guy is raising his child in because there is no evidence that he was not just like almost any US citizen who got abused by the power of the LEO. Swat has made 1000's of mistake raids in the past...Documented in articles.

Since they raided this home and had no results=they wasted time, intelligence(or lack thereof) and scarred a family for no end result based upon bad intelligence.

I hope he gets a nice chunk of change to make his child feel safe in her own home again and they al get bumped down or fired.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  11. CBR900RAR

Listen, I live in this community. I KNOW this guy is a problem, regardless of what he did or didn't have in his house.

And if you think the cops are inept at their jobs and you don't like the way things were done, don't let the cops in YOUR community behave this way.

I like our cops, I hate drug dealers and pit bulls, so this is a win-win for me.

Let Columbia Mo handle this, everyone else, mind your own business. I don't give a shit what LA Swat does, or the NYPD, I don't live there. They have plenty of locals watching them, and so do our cops.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The model father was sentenced to 15 months in 2003 for distribution of cocaine and marijuana (he pleaded guilty). The cops were acting on a tip but the warrant was 8 days old. That is an eternity. Basically, the cops screwed up and this will cost them. But I don't have a lot of sympathy for the "victim".

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I gonna guess you do based on your response.

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Don't forget the judge that authorized a break in.

Imagine someone kicking your door in during the middle of the night (yes they announced but are you even awake) the dog is barking, people are shouting, people are shooting. Then the asswipes complain the kid and his wife were not moving fast enough :eek: Poor kid got rousted in the AM and his dog shot, I think he behaved amazingly well. Oh and dog #2 was a Corgy trigger happy ba#$%$s.

I am not advocating breaking the law but I think cops are getting WAY over the top on the military commando crap. Certainly it is called for at times but not nearly as often as it is used.

Good catch though.... one pipe and a joint... only cost 2 dogs and a crap load of man hours.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

How many shots did it take these brave, razor's edge, tacticool badges to subdue a canine?

16. CBR900RAR

Have you ever tried to hit a moving target that was attacking you in a high stress situation?

Sometimes it takes more than one shot.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Just askin.

18. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I agree.

In my opinion that type of warrent should have a very short time limit to be served and should only be issued when there is a serious threat to someone's life. I hate drugs and drug pushers more than most but there was no excuse for the way this was done. They knock on the door in the middle of the night, give very little time to respond then invade the home putting everyone there at risk.

19. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

Yeah you're right, it's wrong of me to give the benefit of the doubt to the good guys instead of the guy who gave the SWAT team a reason to kick in his door.:rolleyes:

I stand by what I said about the kids. Highly trained tactical responders shooting a couple dogs while the kid is in the other room is not putting their lives at risk.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He is. I posted a link. Coke and pot ditribution. 15 months. He confessed. It isn't an assumption, he is a criminal in fact, not of sorts.