1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV650 in Clubman at Tally?

Discussion in 'General' started by SportisimotoUSA, Feb 9, 2010.

1. SportisimotoUSA

SportisimotoUSA The Sportisi Master

I thought that wasn't allowed. Or did he have something else done to the bike:confused:

2. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

Maybe it was one of the 600cc sleeved down motors?

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

600cc.....one of a couple I know of running around. Hell I might even know which one.

4. Boss R6

Boss R6 Well-Known Member

I just noticed that as well.

5. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

I know of 2 of theme both very fast.

6. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

It was ridden by Parker Steele... and ridden well at that. I couldn't figure out if it was allowed in clubman because it was sleeved down or he got to bump down due to his age. He also rode it in DSS.

7. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

i think it might have been a mistake.

8. Dits

Regardless, if it wasn't sleeved down to 600cc, he rode it well enough to do just fine with the other novices in F2 and LWTSS. He appeared to be about 12 years old. Good kid. :up:

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

If it wasnt sleeved down, then people that finished behind him missed out on possible contingency and in the case of 4th, missed out on a podium.

I'd be surprised if they let someone bump down because of age... would you let a 13yr old run a 600cc in E-SS?

10. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Wow, I came in 3rd in that race.

11. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

what kind of power do those make?

12. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

Enough, lol ;)

About as much as a good superstock built SV650, but you are talking a full-on superbike build to get that kinda of power out of it.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Welcome back Kenny.

14. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

mine made 77hp. but no midgrange. it was only about a second per lap slower than my ss650.

15. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Impressive! Revs quicker?

16. Dits

I came in second in that race behind the SV. I got a great start and jumped way out front of the novice pack and stayed there for a few laps. I figure I had it made and just settled into a "don't crash" pace. The kid passed me and I figure I was getting lapped by a fast expert. I saw the yellow plates and decided I had some work to do. I was on a Ducati 750 SS which I figured was the mack daddy clubman bike. The SV kept pulling away on the back stretch though. It was worth the 2nd seeing the grin on the kids face when he won. Good for him.

17. Dits

Wow!!! I'm sitting at 55 at the wheel on the Duc. Just WOW!

18. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Kris's bikes are VERY impressive! I know first hand :D

19. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

+1
    Exactly what I was thinking.

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

And you still got a ride it. Kris probably could have whopped up on us in D-Super with a lot less.