1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV tires

Discussion in 'General' started by Strick, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Strick

Strick Good to be king

What tires and what size fronts are you SV riders using. My first race is coming up and was just wondering. I was thinking of regular Rennsports, (not the race) so I could make it through the Bargy school and the race weekend.

2. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Just my $0.02 but I'd suggest going ahead and counting on 2 sets of tires.

One for the Bargy school and practice and another set for the actual races.

My suggestion is Pirelli/ Metzler DOTs.

You'll be outriding street compounds by the end of the Bargy school!

3. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

Yes, that what I'm trying to do. Go with soft rear(green) and supersoft on front(blue) I wouldn't suggest using street compound at track

4. Strick

Strick Good to be king

How much do you guys pay for tires at the track.

5. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

DOTs are about $350 and I think slicks are $370....i'll ask my husband if we have any takeoffs that are in good shape that you could possibly buy from us to use.

6. chris73

chris73 Well-Known Member

i have a set of tires for you to buy.it is a pirelli slick front(blue supersoft),and a pirelli's dot rear(green soft).the front has 24 laps on it and the rear has 8 laps on a damp track.the condition looks like new with the tits.100.00 let me know

7. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

Wouldn't recommend andthing but a race compound. One set of tires (good) shoud be more than sufficient to get you through the school and the race weekend.
    I've also got take offs if you need. I have a set of Michellin Piolets (D.O.T.) and a set of dunlop slicks (softs and mediums). 40 or 50 bones and you can have a set.

8. kp_racer

kp_racer Well-Known Member

Since you are a novice and your on an sv you can easily use one set of tires for the school and the races.

Have fun
    KP

PN#300

9. TLsupertwin

TLsupertwin Well-Known Member

The Pirellis are great for the SV. I'm runnin' soft rear and supersoft front. They heat up fast and grip very well. Listen to these guys, and don't get the street compound. There's no need.

10. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

I have two sets of takeoff's that will fit your SV. Pirelli slicks 120/70/17 blue front, 160/60/17 green rear. One set has about 18 cycles in them. The other has about 7-8 cycles but are over a year old. You can have them at no charge. If you do get them I'd let Moose look them over before using. I'll be TGPR friday morning. Blue FZR 400 #221.