1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV Questions ???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by svdale, Feb 22, 2003.

1. svdale

svdale That's my Baby

On my right side clip-on (sitting on the bike) i still have the assembly on it for the choke, , how do you guys get rid of the that, where do you put the cable for the choke. Also the wiring the plugs into the bottom of the clutch lever, anyway to loop that or get rid of it, hope im explaing this right, not thinking straight, i have a bad hangover, thanks Dale:cool:

2. kl954

kl954 Well-Known Member

SV ??

Take the whole choke assembly off. Run the choke cable threw one of the holes in the top triple and put a wire tie around the top, then it will not fall back threw the hole. I do not remember about the plug on the clutch lever. If you need more help let me know and I will look into.
    Kent

3. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

It's been a couple of years, but I think the 2 wires going into the clutch switch need to be shorted to each other. IIRC they come out of a connector block right in back of the steering head, cut them there and twist/solder them together.

4. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I used a jumper in the white conector and just unpluged that whole sub-harness. You need to jump or connect the wires to start the bike. After it is started it will run if they come apart.

5. svdale

svdale That's my Baby

Ok I dont have the sv upper tirple, I have a svs. What is the best way to mount the choke to the svs triple. And about the wires, (not real good with electric) do i just solder a wire to connect both prongs hanging down,:confused: thanks Dale

6. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Send me your e-mail and I will send you a pic.

I mounted the choke cable to the stock fairing stay.

7. svdale

svdale That's my Baby

Check your pm, thanks Dale

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User