1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV Gear Question

Discussion in 'General' started by svdale, Sep 23, 2002.

1. svdale

svdale That's my Baby

this weekend i did a track day up at summit point, and everything was fine, but when i was going around the track i couldnt get the bike into first gear, even when i came around to pit out the bike would not go into 1st gear, when i let the bike sit and cool down I could pop it in to 1st, but once i started moving and the bike was warmed up it would not go into first and it was hard to find neutral, anybody know what causes this and how i can fix it, thanks Dale

2. Martin M

Martin M Former BRP Rider

Mine does it too sometimes after pulling from the track can't shift into neutral.
    I'm not woried about it.

3. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Dale,

Typically finding Neutral is difficult, but first may be an issue.

1. Have you had anything done to the tranny? Undercut?

2. What is the angle of the knuckle on the shift rod? Optimaly, you want to have it perpendicular to the ground. So, if you've flipped it for GP shift, you should try to get it as close to perp as possible. Otherwise, you don't get clean shifts, and can tear up the tranny. It may require a longer shift rod depending on your rearsets.

3. Also, blipping the throttle sometimes helps it get into gear.